• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I think Paypal's days are numbered. It's just time for us all to adopt a new, fairer standard payment platform, push for even wider acceptance elsewhere, and we're on the road to success. The systems are in place now.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know why. My activity hasn't changed at all, except for a few refunds from south willard (sent payment, item sold out and I got some refunds). Apparently that's enough for them to justify holding your money. My favorite phrase from their "we're just gonna keep your money for 21 days FAQ": "While funds are pending, the money belongs to you but isn't available to spend or withdraw."

And I actually have a pretty active ebay account with 100% positive 100+ feedback, so I don't think it's related to ebay. I also haven't accepted an abnormal amount of gift payments.

Last edited:

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I got an email from Paypal saying that they're going to hold my money for 21 days from now on, for my convenience in case a buyer needs a refund or something. Cool.

welcome to club. enter tracking info from now on, the holds will eventually be lifted.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Alright put my ****** sales threak up on sufu, will add pics when I get off ******. Three pairs of trickers and some other measley **** buybuybuy.

Dries sounds promising.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
ya not sure if I wanna sell that either lol, we'll see I get seller's remorse

thanks for the bubbly rec, i wasn't seeing it on the sites i checked but i gotcha

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

• epic sale
  • thread explodes with sizing / ordering / style option questions
  • overburdened understaffed business trying to keep up but bursting at seams
  • ...24 months pass...
  • where is my order :fu: (x 10,000)
but APK knows much better what happened in those 24 months, he read it all :eek:

Ha, is that an allusion to me being in that thread for like 40 minutes earlier tonight? When you take a step back and look at the whole thing, that thread is like a Greek tragedy. Lots of glowing praise for the boots and Dayton, even at retail price at the outset of the thread. Then a seemingly harmless act (the anniversary sale) sets off a series of problems. Each new issue escalates the whole ordeal just a little more until we've book-ended the high regards for Dayton at the outset of two-year thread with rumors of the company's demise.

There's also a nice shift in the antagonist roles over the course of several months from the impatient customers to the clueless CEO.

REALLY^?
i thought that is only if you are a new eBay seller or something?

Numerous factors at play. I've got nearly 5,000 unique feedback ratings on eBay, but I got hit with the same restrictions a couple of months ago when I was barely selling anything there. Thankfully, they lifted it once I got back to moving more product. It was a tough period, though, because I couldn't even use most of the money I made from my items to reinvest in more product to sell.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't know why. My activity hasn't changed at all, except for a few refunds from south willard (sent payment, item sold out and I got some refunds). Apparently that's enough for them to justify holding your money. My favorite phrase from their "we're just gonna keep your money for 21 days FAQ": "While funds are pending, the money belongs to you but isn't available to spend or withdraw."

And I actually have a pretty active ebay account with 100% positive 100+ feedback, so I don't think it's related to ebay. I also haven't accepted an abnormal amount of gift payments.

Got the same bullshit a year ago or so with a stupid pair of APC shoes, it was totally random (100% feedback and no red flags) and never happened since. I think it's 21days or until the buyer has left his feedback, whichever happens first.

Last edited:

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I got an email from Paypal saying that they're going to hold my money for 21 days from now on, for my convenience in case a buyer needs a refund or something. Cool.

This is for an Ebay transaction, right? or are they holding payments the Styleforum and Sufu type transactions too?

skitlets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got the same hold but I transferred the money to my checking account the day after I received a gift payment. Maybe it's only held for ebay transactions?

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If I could find a way to get in touch with somebody at that company other than Stephen, and make my point - I would, and I have a decent selling point for them too, stats and rep sheet wise - I am really confident that I could make Dayton a shining success, it's quite obvious what they need to do. I dunno how far up **** creek they are, probably a lot, but I think it's still possible for them to be saved. I dunno, money doesn't come out of thin air though and he might've fucked things up irreparably. They need him gone yesterday though, he is cancer for that poor company. They've been a family business for decades and now they're in the ******* overnight, basically.

Re: The whole Dayton Mess - I guess I would want to know how much of a mess is it really? Was the Service Boot special order debacle just limited to SF and maybe a couple of other SF peers? How much of their sales come from traditional B&M stores throughout Canada. Did the Service Boot issue affect regular production of the rest of their line? I don't know the answer to any of these questions, but I could envision a scenario where 100 guys on the internet didn't get their boot and to Dayton that represents 1% of 1 year's sales, and in the end it isn't really a big deal to them.

I think Paypal's days are numbered. It's just time for us all to adopt a new, fairer standard payment platform, push for even wider acceptance elsewhere, and we're on the road to success. The systems are in place now.

This I doubt. What would replace it? To process payments while minimizing fraud and staying in compliance with the numerous (and growing) rules and regulations surrounding payment processing is a complicated process that requires economies of scale to work. Paypal may have Its issues, but the alternatives are either non-existent or vastly less convenient.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

If I could find a way to get in touch with somebody at that company other than Stephen, and make my point - I would, and I have a decent selling point for them too, stats and rep sheet wise - I am really confident that I could make Dayton a shining success, it's quite obvious what they need to do.

Would this mean I'd finally get my boots? :plain: Preferably in non-defective form, that is.
safety pins?
220x294.jpg

Safety pins are the new toggles.

grizzlybear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
**** PAYPAL. that **** is a joke, i sold a toj varsity which i shipped to Derek92 said he "never received it" then went ahead and sold it again "to a very nice man in france" then im trying to get his paypal from LAguy and I cant even file a ******* claim or its not even in my transactions list even if it was about 8 months ago. :mad: :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads