• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
has anyone ever won a paypal dispute when the buyer claims item wasn't in same condition as in pics?

Dude bought it and had it for over a month. No messages from him at all and opens a dispute now saying it's not the same as it was in the pics. He even tried to sell it but I don't think he got an offer he liked which is why he's probably opening the dispute.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score

has anyone ever won a paypal dispute when the buyer claims item wasn't in same condition as in pics?

Dude bought it and had it for over a month. No messages from him at all and opens a dispute now saying it's not the same as it was in the pics. He even tried to sell it but I don't think he got an offer he liked which is why he's probably opening the dispute. 

Document his sale attempt thoroughly asap.

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it was via gr@iled and listing is removed unfortunately. I emailed the help email that railed has so waiting for a response to see if they can pull up what his sales listing has

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Cool. Hope you get resolution. Maybe there's a cached version somewhere on google??

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And be sure to tell us his username so we can avoid selling anything to him ever again

thatoneguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

it was via gr@iled and listing is removed unfortunately. I emailed the help email that railed has so waiting for a response to see if they can pull up what his sales listing has

If you go Account > History, you can see items you've bought/sold

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What kind of pants do you people in places with real summers (90F+ / 32C+) wear? Light wool? Linen?

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
things that can be washed easily.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I personally enjoy my light wools

Dont do much linen except the Orlebar Brown linen shirts I wear to the beach/pool

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Recently bought this Margiela hoodie and like it, but is there any way to layer with a hoodie and not look like a douchebag?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Recently bought this Margiela hoodie and like it, but is there any way to layer with a hoodie and not look like a douchebag?
If anyone calls you out, you can just tell them that it's a Margiela, just like Kanye wears.

Also, the only way I know wtf my Editor-in-chief, @Synthese is doing, is to follow the Styleforum Instagram. I, on the other hand, am prepping for Vancouver. Roden Gray should be fun. The last time I met up with Rob Lo (the owner), it was about five years ago at the Ace Hotel, in the "Wings+Horns" suite. He tricked me at arm wrestling, and then I put him in a front choke. Then we did a bunch of shots and ate snacks. I think that we are both too old for that now, and we are meeting at 11:30 in the morning before the store opens, but who knows?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

If anyone calls you out, you can just tell them that it's a Margiela, just like Kanye wears.

:(

That's what I'm afraid of with the leather jacket over a hoodie thing.

I can see how it would work with different pants and shoes, but with my wardrobe -- regular slim fit jeans with MMM 5-zip and hoodie feels very d-baggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads