1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 15, 2015.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

The obvious answer is to mix and match the boots, which seems like a very Needles thing, but which I can see being a Visvim thing as well.

2 people like this.
  2. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Well-Known Member

3. LA Guy

6 people like this.
  4. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Well-Known Member

4 people like this.
  5. VitaTimH

VitaTimH Well-Known Member

Guys, I have about an hour and a half in NYC (near Port Authority) and I want to pick up some stuff for family (grandparents, etc.) back home in Asia. Bit last minute, I know. Any suggestions? Thanks!

6. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

That area is a wasteland. You want to take something back home tho? I would imagine food won't last long.

Oh wait the nepenthes shop is close by. Like a street or two over.

Also if you still want food of some kind I would buy a bunch of bombolini from Sullivan Street Bakery on 47th street. Also a sour cream Apple pie from the little pie company.

Oh. I have a better idea. The Maison du chocolat in Rockefeller center is a few avenues over and a little north. I would get some chocolates and macarons.

I would go to shake shack for you tho

Last edited: May 15, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  7. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Well-Known Member

Levi's, chocolate truffles, almonds, multi-vitamins

I'm not kidding, Asian people value the weirdest things

3 people like this.
  8. gsantamaria

gsantamaria New Member

9. VitaTimH

VitaTimH Well-Known Member

@willy cheesesteak I actually considered it LOL... if only it would survive the 14 hour plane trip

@indesertum & @t3hg0suazn chocolate sounds like a great idea, thanks for the recs! My initial plan was to hit up Mast Bros. in Brooklyn, but they'll be closed by the time I get there :(

10. accordion

accordion Well-Known Member

man I'm so tired of seeing the phrase "has a lot of life left," a hoodie isn't a car where it'll just stop working one day. And I assume the worst that can happen to a sneaker is the sole wearing out. If something actually falls apart then it probably wasn't well constructed in the first place and not due to extended wear.

5 people like this.
  11. Fuuma

Fuuma Well-Known Member

Oh yeah those three were great. Albator wasn't very age-appropriate though, although we didn't really care.

As for Cabu, RIP grand Duduche.

12. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

Someone know what the Joyce tag is about?

[​IMG]

I've seen other pics that have a Made in Italy tag there.

13. nahneun

nahneun Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  14. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Well-Known Member

That's got to be a really old cardigan. Jil was guest designed by James Joyce back in the 30s.

7 people like this.
  15. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

B!CD coming through as always. Haha well... FW'07

1 person likes this.
  16. Raindrop

Raindrop Well-Known Member

Things do eventually happen, lining ripped, stitching undone, fabric pilling, leather looking worn as shit, hardware missing, etc. Still useable I guess, but subjective.

Last edited: May 16, 2015
  17. LA Guy

But "has a lot of life left" is just a euphemism for "beat to shit". I advocate beating your own shit to death, but I'm not going to buy someone else's beat up shit. Maybe vintage stuff to get cues from, but to wear? Not so much. I suppose that I'd buy a 60s moto jacket if it was in decent condition and in a color that is impossible to get now even custom.

18. Raindrop

Raindrop Well-Known Member

Ya, too many people post beatup to shit clothing and justify it with "tons of life left." Just saying clothing does have a lifespan from wear and tear.

19. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

Anyone know where is @jet? I would like buy some tees

I really like the AA tri-blend tee but they do not have a white color the closest being an off-white. I am looking for something in a boxy cut with crew neck. I really cannot be spending $400+ on a Lemaire henley or t-shirt.

Also, who makes denim in a high rise 19cm cut nowadays? I like my pair of Levi's but the hem is too narrow when wearing with boots. @Synthese has some cool jeans but I think they are old APC denim. I remember the New Standard having close to a 19cm but the rise is ridiculously low. Uniqlo bottoms are also all low rise for the most part, or t he rise is great but legs too narrow.

Just looking for some denim for the summer to beat around in, raw denim, wash denim, would prefer a dark and light color pair.

20. Benesyed

Benesyed Well-Known Member

I regret following @kgfan5 on instagram. It always makes me feel a little bad for getting/trying to get jacked. :embar:

1 person likes this.