• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
personally dont mind the random posts on the random fashion thoughts thread. dont really check the forum outside of subscribed threads so at least for me (and i'm sure a lot of people) it's a better way for visibility

el Bert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Some dudes over on Reddit are drawing people's fits. Pretty cool stuff, really happy with how this one came out!

thought this was a cool concept, so I did one too.

We should get a thread like that going here. I could use an excuse to draw more figures. Also, I don't think Synth posted this here but this needs to be appreciated, @thatoneguy's watercolor skills are awesome:

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think spope started a "draw your outfit"-thread some time ago? Unfortunately it died pretty quick iirc

Been thinking about getting a drawing tablet though, anyone here happen to have experience with Wacom Intuous Pen?
It's basically the cheapest model they have but looks decent and anything will be a step up from using a mouse

Severisth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think spope started a "draw your outfit"-thread some time ago? Unfortunately it died pretty quick iirc

Been thinking about getting a drawing tablet though, anyone here happen to have experience with Wacom Intuous Pen?
It's basically the cheapest model they have but looks decent and anything will be a step up from using a mouse

I just got a Wacom CTL-480 for work, which I think is low-mid range as far as pricing goes. I haven't had a whole lot of time to use it, but is definitely taking me some getting used to.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So Everlane just hired COS' former creative director as its head of product

I really want to be excited about Everlane. Maybe now I can be? hmmm?

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
My wife loves their linen tanks. I wish they made men's T-shirts in the same fabric; I would buy a bunch. Oh and she also has their canvas backpack which has held up really well after a year or two or however long it's been. I've only bought a few things from them which have been hit or miss. As I recall their thread here descended into a shitshow at one point but I'm not sure why that was. I've met a couple people from Everlane who seem cool. Their CEO is from my hometown, but he went to the other high school so I had never met him before meeting him in the context of Everlane.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn't realize you had all those company gonnegtions! You could have convinced them to take a few more chances with their menswear. I've gotten the sense that they're cautious to the point of silliness with the products they make for the fellas.

Last edited:

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Oh, no, I am literally just talking about one whiskey-heavy night of karaoke in Little Tokyo. I can't claim to have any influence.

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
I've been looking for my Cosmic Wonder giant wrap-shorts things all summer, and can't find them anywhere. Not at my place, not in storage at my parents', and now that it's getting hotter I'm in desperate want of them!

What I'm asking is, did I sell them at some point in the past to someone on here? Or does anybody remember me listing them or someone buying them?

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

So Everlane just hired COS' former creative director as its head of product

I really want to be excited about Everlane. Maybe now I can be? hmmm?

They always seemed like a bunch of guys with business degrees that were enthusiastic about clothing but not so good with design. It'd be cool if they stepped up their game in that department.

Sooooooo, what's the sizing consensus on the Grana scoop neck tees? Normally a medium/48.

Same, and I wear a large.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score

I've been looking for my Cosmic Wonder giant wrap-shorts things all summer, and can't find them anywhere.  Not at my place, not in storage at my parents', and now that it's getting hotter I'm in desperate want of them!

What I'm asking is, did I sell them at some point in the past to someone on here?  Or does anybody remember me listing them or someone buying them?

this is a really scary post

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Quote:
I may be paraphrasing another "industry person" when I say this, but they are a technology startup whose commodity happens to be clothing; not a bunch of clothing designers who managed to create a slick website/business model. I don't think creative design is the goal. Of course, the former COS hire may indicate otherwise, which is why it's potentially interesting news.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads