• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

wdahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This should be a nice looking make-up!  

How much did this run you in comparison to the standard Natty Beefroll?

$570 vs. $510. Because of that $50 extra custom charge (+$10 for the tempest) I've been a bit bothersome to their crew to make sure the sole is exactly what I want. They must deal with crazy shoe people all day long, heaven help them. The Navy insole was at no cost, and basically because it was a free customization that just gives them a bit of a hidden flair.

I'm planning on wearing these all around the office, in the city, in nature, around the water/boats, and potentially, with suits depending on how I feel they look. FrankCowperwood pushed me over the edge with the tempest, saying that the leather on his beefrolls are a bit slippery, and that I'd be happier with the tempest. Hopefully the tempest sole will also make these last longer before needing a resole.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Is anyone currently stocking a dark green (non-kelly) Venetian make up at the moment?

Last edited:

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

We've decided to run a little weekly promotion through styleforum in regards to our Rancourt for PDG Offerings for the summer; figured we'd give you guys a window to get a good deal on something unique. so, we're offering 30% Off of these three styles of shoe for the week through Sunday night.
That is very thoughtful and generous of you. Thank you.
All right, finally officially pulled the trigger
smile.gif

Natural shell Beefroll, 9.5EE, with a request that the natural shell be as light as possible
Tempest sole, natural edging, standard threading
Navy insole, because why not
smile.gif

Apparently tempests currently come with a full rubber heel, rather than the half-rubber heel shown on the website... looking forward to it.
Looking forward to pics. Rancourt has been very accommodating IME.

$570 vs. $510. Because of that $50 extra custom charge (+$10 for the tempest) I've been a bit bothersome to their crew to make sure the sole is exactly what I want. They must deal with crazy shoe people all day long, heaven help them. The Navy insole was at no cost, and basically because it was a free customization that just gives them a bit of a hidden flair.

I'm planning on wearing these all around the office, in the city, in nature, around the water/boats, and potentially, with suits depending on how I feel they look. FrankCowperwood pushed me over the edge with the tempest, saying that the leather on his beefrolls are a bit slippery, and that I'd be happier with the tempest. Hopefully the tempest sole will also make these last longer before needing a resole.
That upcharge seems reasonable. I think you'll be pleased with the tempest. I too have asked them many ridiculous questions about custom orders, but I always drop the ticket in the end.

Navy insole is a nice and unique touch. I never knew that they could do different colored insoles. I might have to incorporate that in to my next MTO.

coolron

Reaction score
Just got an email that my first order from Rancourt has shipped. Going to post pics once it arrives.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All right, finally officially pulled the trigger
smile.gif

Natural shell Beefroll, 9.5EE, with a request that the natural shell be as light as possible
Tempest sole, natural edging, standard threading
Navy insole, because why not
smile.gif

Apparently tempests currently come with a full rubber heel, rather than the half-rubber heel shown on the website... looking forward to it.
You've definitely peaked my interest. Please post some pictures when you get them.

I'm also glad to hear about the tempest heel. Typically I like to know exactly what I am getting, but in this case I'm glad to hear it's an all rubber heel. My #8 Ranger Mocs should be shipping out tomorrow.

Last edited:

wdahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually, at the last moment, I changed my mind and went to the standard makeup. I do that a lot. The full rubber heel sounded great, but then I saw what the new tempest sole looks like (PDG had a post on here with suede chukkas that have the new one). Don't get me wrong, it looks awesome, totally perfect for rangers and boots, but now I agree that it's probably wrong for loafers. I also worried that if the leather is too thick, it might not be flexible enough for my heel to stay in, which would be disastrous. Anyway, I decided that I'm a trad at heart, and if I'm getting shell beefrolls, might as well get trad ones.

I did confirm that in future resoles, if I want to go to the tempest I can at the standard resole price. Sorry to disappoint that I won't have pics for all of you guys.

coolron

Reaction score
Thanks! It has a fairly short nap but it's not as smooth as Repello. It's still finer than I originally expected and am pleasantly surprised.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Ranger Mocs were supposed ship today, however I received an email instead that stated that they were a bit behind schedule due to the large number of orders they had received the last couple of weeks. The email did state however that they would be expedited and shipped to me by Monday. If this is true I would still be getting them about the same time anyway.

I do like how they emailed me to let me know what was going on.

Last edited:

gmmiddle

Reaction score
Finally took pics. I was hoping to find a parking lot to keep with the theme earlier in the thread, but all you have is my driveway.

Espresso Ranger Moc, Tempest sole, contrast stich. My own laces, what they sent was 26" long and useless.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Great looking! Looks more like the mini-lug than tempest sole to me

What are the laces?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads