• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren Rugby Thread

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can someone tell me how their pea coats fit? I'm 6'1 195 lbs and i usually wear a large in Banana Republic though at times it fits more snuggly then I would prefer.  I was considering ordering the plaid belongs pea coat but am unsure of whether I should go with L or XL.

Rugby has pretty slim coats - I don't think you should go for a XL - since the gap is usually big between sizes. Trench Coats are usually a little bigger - by a tiny amount - to allow for a jacket underneath. Pea Coats were pretty slim when I tried them on, I usually wear a 36 in jackets, the pea coat was a Small and it fit quite nice -with a sweater underneath

what do the shirts look like? not SF approved? haha

Not SF approved at all - I wish I had those skills/expertise to make haberdashery, I'd truly enjoy it. Maybe learning what I can with this side-thing may help me get in the business one day, but i have much more to learn in terms of retail and etc.. (not the math side, the business and objective side)

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah saw that earlier, glad they have that option as a default instead of a 'Create your own' - although I don't like to always wear skulls, there are those times when it just fits well

mmmmpay

Reaction score
Can any one report on the sizing of Rugby cardigans? I'm looking at the elbow patch cardigan but they only have it in medium. I'm a small with Rugby shirts, but not by much. Does any one know whether the sweaters are generously proportioned, or should I be fine if not better off sizing up?

GQ1

Reaction score

Can any one report on the sizing of Rugby cardigans? I'm looking at the elbow patch cardigan but they only have it in medium. I'm a small with Rugby shirts, but not by much. Does any one know whether the sweaters are generously proportioned, or should I be fine if not better off sizing up?

They are slim fit and true to size. I wear Small in all Rugby shirts and the sweaters are sized accordingly.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They are slim fit and true to size. I wear Small in all Rugby shirts and the sweaters are sized accordingly.

I beg to differ. I have a Small Cardigan and wear everything small from Rugby. The sleeves are a tad bit longer than I hoped. I have to fold them up once, but in general it does seem a tad big.\

It may differ with certain cardigans too, mine is fleece, so maybe the wool ones aren't like that - can't be sure

Last edited:

mmmmpay

Reaction score
The over long sleeves occur for me on my J Crew wool sweaters as well. Personally I don't want the cardigan to be particularly snug--certainly not as snug as the shirts. Somewhere between snug and old man; the kind of thing I can take on and off with relative ease. But I guess if small existed I would order that first and exchange if necessary, not the other way around. I'm 5'8" 145, if that's anything. Any one with suggestions for comparably priced lambswool cardigans that I can order offline?

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The over long sleeves occur for me on my J Crew wool sweaters as well. Personally I don't want the cardigan to be particularly snug--certainly not as snug as the shirts. Somewhere between snug and old man; the kind of thing I can take on and off with relative ease. But I guess if small existed I would order that first and exchange if necessary, not the other way around. I'm 5'8" 145, if that's anything. Any one with suggestions for comparably priced lambswool cardigans that I can order offline?

I say give it a shot, try a Small, we are comparable builds and it may possibly fit you well, if it doesn't RL has a very painlessly easy way to return/exchange items.

Cambel

Reaction score
Anyone know if the fit on the classic navy blazer is comparable to their suits? I've had success with Rugby's 36R and their blazer looks solid.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, it will be as slim and form fitting as the suits.

Philip

Reaction score
do those skull pants ever go on sale?

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

do those skull pants ever go on sale?

I have seen them go on sale once or twice. Its pretty rare they do though.

The non-chino ones always do, like the black cords w/ skulls, and the beige cords w/skulls - they havent had those offshoots for more than one season though - unlike the chino ones.

I would grab them the next time a 20-25% coupon drops.

zeezyo

Reaction score
Is Rugby done making oxfords without the skulls now? I went to the store in SF and they dont carry them anymore. Im pretty bummed. I think they look better without the skulls.

I am looking for a pink in a size small if anyone has one! or if someone wants to remove the skull off the ones they have now and sell it to me, that would be great :) I'll pay for the tailoring

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads