• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Proper length for jeans

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was told by someone that jeans should be long enough to bunch up at the ankle when standing and that, when you sit down, no one should be able to see your socks. The person claims "that's the look". Thoughts?

kylelovesyou

Reaction score
I wouldn't (and don't) wear them like that. There is no "proper" length, particularly for something like jeans. Wear them how you like.

Nopike343

Reaction score
As long as no one can see your socks when you are standing up you should be fine.

Seriously, I think that longer is better and it's a more popular look but the length should not be such that you have to keep pulling your jeans up or having them drag on the ground. How long you can go depends on the hem width, a narrow leg will stack the jeans while a wider leg will allow the jeans to drag on the ground.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I prefer a bit of stacking. Non jean trousers are 30.5'' inseam for me. For jeans, I rock 32'' inseam. I also cuff the leg openings up a bit on jeans, just my preference.

Also in before someone says there's a thread dedicated to jeans already.

300zx1985

Reaction score
The answer to that question is varies from person to person..... jeans with a smaller hem, such as 19cm and 17.5cm diors, thanaz, thin finn, nc, etc look better stacked than say.... a new standard cut. Shorter people get the chode look with lots of stacks sometimes. I personally wear mine like you describe, some bunching, not "stacking", enough so where my sock isnt exposed if im wearing a high top or boot. I think too much stacking looks immature anyway.

a2_hennessy

Reaction score
stylefriends.png

= **** you dumbshit OP

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
I abstained from calling this guy a moron in the hopes that someone else would do me a favour and point out how marsupialed this thread is you've let me down Stylefriends
nah, it's a westinghouse thread, so we're just trying to avoid an endless stream of quotes from "Snappy One-Liners (1956 Edition)"

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads