• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PoW trousers with a morning suit?

Thahmas

Reaction score
I'm getting married this autumn and it'll be a morning suit event. My current morning suit is 2nd hand and has been worn well over the years. Now I'm the one getting hitched I can justify the expense of a new one.

I have a question about trousers. I've only ever worn cashmere stripe trousers and would quite like to mix it up a bit. Looking through some excellent blogs I've found reference to PoW, houndstooth and grey flannel as all being acceptable for trousers. What are people's thoughts on this and has anyone got married or seen pics of someone in anything other than cashmere stripes?

PoW is the style that most appeals at the moment.

I'll almost certainly get the coat from Favourbrook. Trousers t.b.c

FYI - Jacket will be a light weight black wool, maybe with a feint herringbone, but very feint. Waistcoat will be Db, and I'll choose colour based on trousers.

Thahmas

Reaction score
I realise this is a niche topic, but does anyone have any experience / opinions of non-striped Morning Suit trousers/pants?

Sleats

Reaction score
I think a Dogstooth is smarter perhaps than a check but here is a link to a check though that we did (blue jacket and blue check) so you can at least see one...

https://www.facebook.com/cadandthed...1392720457./10152228562003835/?type=3&theater

I think the stripe looks better in photos in all honesty but a lot of people especially the bride to be seem to have a growing dislike of 'The Stripe'

Good luck in the hunt

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stripes are the most formal - anything else would be considered dandyish and worn only by eccentrics. Stick with the norm so that when in 40 years you look back at the photographs, you are not appalled.

Thahmas

Reaction score
Brilliant, thanks for your opinions. I like the trousers on the fb link, with a pared down jacket / shirt / w'coat combo I think I can pull it off.

I'll get this sorted well in advance so there's plenty of time if I change my mind.

JMartin

Reaction score
As above, less outlandish the better.
Doesn't mean you cannot have style though.
This could just be a little fair with a more extravagant tie.

Ive often worn a standard but well fitting suit, but then use a tie with neon paint dribbled over it.
The colours were just a 'hint' though, as the tie and suit were black, the paint was just blue and white.
So all round complimented each other, yet was still 'different'.

I dont see myself being dismayed by my appearance in years to come... other than looking back retrospectively at the hair i used to have!

charlie64

Reaction score
I sometimes wear a stroller with striped or oxford grey trousers for work (don't ask). I haven't the courage to wear houndstooth as I fear it will make me look like a chef. Ditto houndstooth with morning coat.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads