• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions.....

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Edgar Allan Pwn
Turn it upside-down and hang it from the ceiling.

You're not married, are you?
tongue.gif

Yorsch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
You should get one. Its the best $65 I ever spent. Almost time to get a second one though
ffffuuuu.gif

We had one like that in the store. But nobody knew the name or where to get it.
Is there official name for this "device", or how do I look it up? And how many does one can hold?

Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
I visited a men's specialty shop that had a massive glass brandy snifter on a table. It must have been 18" tall and 12 inches wide. The owner would just grab a pocket square, put it into a loose ball and toss it into the glass container. It was a very colorful display. When he selected a shirt and tie, he would just look at the container and reach in a pull out whatever color seemed to work. It was actually fun to watch and it was so much more effortless than folding, hanging, etc.

I actually wanted to go with similar route. I like the idea of PS being displayed in full beauty, instead of just folded in a pile.
Except I was thinking small vintage tin cans in a chest drawer. or maybe small glasses.
However didn't have a chance to realize it yet.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Yorsch
We had one like that in the store. But nobody knew the name or where to get it. Is there official name for this "device", or how do I look it up? And how many does one can hold?
I sell this pocket square rack for $65. It can hold 100 squares.

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can go get the parts from Home Depot or Michael's and build one just like that for probably about $20-$30. It's an item to help man keep their man accessory, and it takes a man to build one
smile.gif

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't know if they have those clips. They're specially designed to not damage the squares. I can sell you the clips separately, though, if you really want to build the rack yourself. It's certainly a worthwhile goal, as you said, but I, knowing little about such things, think it's harder than you say.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
I don't know if they have those clips. They're specially designed to not damage the squares. I can sell you the clips separately, though, if you really want to build the rack yourself. It's certainly a worthwhile goal, as you said, but I, knowing little about such things, think it's harder than you say.

I doubt that it would make sense via time vs. money to go out and build the damn thing. I mean $65 for petes sake, thats a really good price! Who wants to be cutting metal and all that??
confused.gif

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang

Well I'm certainly not looking to get one. But it's good to know that those are special clips. I'll take that in consideration when I do build one.

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
I doubt that it would make sense via time vs. money to go out and build the damn thing. I mean $65 for petes sake, thats a really good price! Who wants to be cutting metal and all that??
confused.gif

Well, you may very well be right. I have yet fully established myself in terms of career wise, as well as financial, for being a full time college student that is; however, I do enjoy the the satisfaction of piecing together a piece of equipment, that is something money can't buy.

ps: With the right tools in the garage, one can very well put this together in 30-45 minutes. May be longer for your average folks
laugh.gif

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pieceofsand
With the right tools in the garage, one can very well put this together in 30-45 minutes. May be longer for your average folks
laugh.gif

Was kinda thinking that you would make an electric dry cleaner style rack to hold a few hundred
smile.gif

Bananafish

Reaction score
Giving it a shot in this thread...

would anyone be interested in purchasing these fuchsia linen squares from Simonnot Godard?

1456019.jpg

I would like to place a special order, but will be stuck with five extras to sell.

The price is $60 and they will ship from A Suitable Wardrobe directly to you. Please send a p.m. if interested. I need confirmation/payment from 5 others before putting the order through ASW.

Thanks!

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbjorn
Pocketsquareguy - what jacket is this? Is it part of a suit? I really like it.

The jacket is a cotton twill from Borrelli. I like that it is on the heavy side. It was my favorite last spring and summer.

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
Was kinda thinking that you would make an electric dry cleaner style rack to hold a few hundred
smile.gif

lol8[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads