• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pillow Recommendations?

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All the pillows I've ever had are crappy ones from Costco or ralph lauren ones. I believe I "splurged" once on one of the more expensive ones from Macys and it was still crappy.

Looking for a pillow that is firm, still have strong support, and keep its shape in the long run. The ralph lauren pillows start out good but in a few months they are dead and lifeless.

Help!

CHenry

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cchen
All the pillows I've ever had are crappy ones from Costco or ralph lauren ones. I believe I "splurged" once on one of the more expensive ones from Macys and it was still crappy.

Looking for a pillow that is firm, still have strong support, and keep its shape in the long run. The ralph lauren pillows start out good but in a few months they are dead and lifeless.

Help!

Are you looking for a synthetic fill? If I wanted a firm pillow, that is where I would start, and then to niche materials like natural latex and lambswool. I have had luck getting entirely satisfactory pillows at Marshalls, where they seem to have a decent variety and at attractive prices.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Lifekind makes a variety of natural pillows-- among the more supportive ones are rubber surrounded by wool and all-rubber. Organic, etc.

Can't swear about their longevity yet, but they are very comfortable.

Superfluous Man

Reaction score
I have the Tempur-Pedic 'Neck' pillow. It's firm and stays firm - I've had it for 5 years or so and it still feels new. It stays cool too, which is very important imo.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
MrsG has one from Bed, Bath, and Beyond that came highly recommended by a couple of our friends. They basically told her to go to BB&B and buy the most expensive pillow they have. She did exactly that, and now all three of them brag about their pillows. Also, since buying it MrsG has (thus far) been nearly completely free of a lingering on-again, off-again neck/back problem. She did say that it had to be broken in a bit, but she's really seen an improvement in her sleep.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The more expensive pillows from macys refers to what?

The 100% white goose down pillows are quite expensive, even for something from macys, are these what you're referring to?

coachvu

Reaction score
I think if you want something that stays firm over time, I'd go with synthetic. I bought some decent ones at Wal-Mart. If you don't like them, at least you aren't out a lot of money.

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
MrsG has one from Bed, Bath, and Beyond that came highly recommended by a couple of our friends. They basically told her to go to BB&B and buy the most expensive pillow they have. She did exactly that, and now all three of them brag about their pillows. Also, since buying it MrsG has (thus far) been nearly completely free of a lingering on-again, off-again neck/back problem. She did say that it had to be broken in a bit, but she's really seen an improvement in her sleep.

Any idea the make and model of this one?

Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
The more expensive pillows from macys refers to what?

The 100% white goose down pillows are quite expensive, even for something from macys, are these what you're referring to?

I was referring to a goose down pillow I bought that within 1 or 2 months the feathers started coming out and getting all over the place. POS

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cchen
Any idea the make and model of this one?

Not offhand. They literally told her to go find the most expensive pillow BB&B had and buy it. That's how all three have done it, so no one actually knows the name of it.

If you PM me and remind me I'd be happy to check the tag when I get home this evening.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Give Buckwheat a try.

It keeps the head noticeably cooler when you sleep, and the hulls will fluff up if you put it in the dryer. Like a dog circling in tall grass, it's best to mold the pillow before you lay on it.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mattchap
Couldn't agree more
nod[1].gif
...definitely recommended.

My Physio recommended buckwheat over Tempur, she also said that it has to have a zipper so you can take out a bit of the husks to adjust it to your needs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads