• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Physics topic of your choice

Windycity

Reaction score
For our final grade, we have to write a ten page paper that has to have some connection to physics. I'm in 11th grade. Do you guys have any topics that aren't too difficult to write about and that can fill ten pages?
Thanks

Sent from my U20i using Tapatalk

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
explain in depth the movement of electronics from one orbital to another, without using the oppenheimer approximation.

most of the math to do it at 11th should be. I hink it would jsut require a quick scan of how operators function

and 10 pages is easy as i assuem you know it will be filled with mostly math

Last edited:

GrensonMan

Reaction score
Why not write about the automobile? You can start with the physics of combustion and the transformation of fuel energy to rotational energy via the pistons. From there move on to the gear box and differential. Talk about the inertia of the tires. Drag force from the wind as the car moves. Traction of the tires to the ground. Displacement of the engine and how that relates to the torque and power of the engine. Gear ratios of the transmission. How a planetary gear works (automatic transmission) vs spur gear ( standard transmission). There will easily be 11 pages of material here.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope this isn't how they teach physics now. Write a paper? Really?

I'm assuming it's not really a technical paper. It depends on your level of physics knowledge, but consider something basic that can be understood with only Newtonian mechanics but has a wide variety of applications -- a gyroscope, a flywheel, etc. You'll probably learn a bit about basic mechanics like torque, energy, and force that are necessary for understanding everyday motion but which likely aren't covered in any worthwhile detail in your curriculum.

Last edited:

Windycity

Reaction score
Awesome suggestions. Thanks a lot everyone, got some good ideas from this.

Sent from my U20i using Tapatalk

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The thermodynamics of being a lardass?

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The thermodynamics of being a lardass?

As a professional scientist, I feel I'm qualified to handle this one: eat more calories than you burn and the excess gets deposited as fat. Continue for years and you become a lardass.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As a professional scientist, I feel I'm qualified to handle this one: eat more calories than you burn and the excess gets deposited as fat. Continue for years and you become a lardass.

10 pages please.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads