• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

People on Yelp: Why do you all suck?

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
After a slightly disappointing trip to my favorite sandwich place (second time in a row they have lost my ticket for my cubano), I decided to take a look at their yelp reviews and see if anyone has noticed an overall change or if I am just unlucky. The sandwich also seemed to have been made with a bit less care...I suspect that starting to accept online orders, while also having a line out the door, is not a recipe for perfection.

Reviews are still good so maybe I am just unlucky...but there are some :facepalm:s in there.

After an intro paragraph that uses 3 sentences with exclamation points and included the words love (twice), so yummy, and so good...this bimbo from the suburbs leaves 4 stars and writes:

"I only gave it 4 stars because I've only had one thing once. I'll definitely go back and try something else next time I'm in the city!"

That is not a valid reason for docking a star. Also she managed to mention a fondness for ranch dressing in her review as an aside (ranch is not present on their menu).

Next guy docks them a star because the sandwiches are "terribly delicious" and cheap, but the portions are a bit small. C'mon dude...either order a larger food item (they have platters instead of sandwiches) or take advantage of the fact that their sandwiches are a couple of bucks cheaper than the panera across the street and buy yourself any of their additional side dishes.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recent review for the place that I work:

(3 Stars)

Place has been closed for awhile but just recently reopened.

My only knock is that it's hard to tell who works there as they wear street clothes.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So we get knocked 2 stars because this guy can't figure out that the person standing at his table with a pen and paper is his waiter?

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So we get knocked 2 stars because this guy can't figure out that the person standing at his table with a pen and paper is his waiter?

Seattle? it's probably because you pulled up a chair at the table and started sipping his latte.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
We should start a Yelp account that we all contribute reviews to.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

"The smoked meat tasted of smoke."

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quote:
Long Beach, you're killing me.

'Soooooooo', 'obvi', 'mmmmm', 'foooooorrrreeeeevvvvveeerrrr'

and the best 'adorbs'

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

alexg

Reaction score
I saw that when the owner posted it on reddit. The customer might be a lying asshole, but the owner isn't any better. His comments were childish and terrible, not only on that review, but a bunch of others. And who the hell posts surveillance videos in public? If I was a customer there, I'd be so uncomfortable.

Bounder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Local Chinese Restaurant Calls Out Dishonest Yelper With Surveillance Footage

http://sf.eater.com/2015/3/24/82850...-calls-out-dishonest-yelper-with-surveillance

Ah, San Francisco. There's something fishy about this story. What San Fo-living, flannel-wearing hipster would refuse to wait in a line to get into a restaurant? Typically, they won't eat in a restaurant unless they have to wait in line.

The restaurant's response is much better, by the way, if you imagine the voice of the City Wok guy from South Park while you read it.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads