• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paul Sargent (formerly Alfred Sargent) Appreciation Thread

muddy250

Reaction score
Thanks for that. I'll keep that in mind and have a look at C&J on the 341

EDIT:
Pleased to see there's a lot of 341 options in C&J including the Chelsea 8 I've been eyeing :fistbump:

Last edited:

mbaltazar

Reaction score
Looks like I'm not having my pair of AS Cambridge. Both stocks at AFPOS and Pediwear we're "wrong" so, only in February...

It's amazing how in 2016 the stock is not in real time.It allows the shopper to buy, they withdraw the money from the credit card and only later tell the shopper that it's sold out! Unacceptable.

muddy250

Reaction score
That's annoying to say the least and you're right. It shouldn't take payment prior to stock checking. They'll be worth the wait tho, small consolation I know.

mbaltazar

Reaction score
That's annoying to say the least and you're right. It shouldn't take payment prior to stock checking. They'll be worth the wait tho, small consolation I know.

I was really upset.

What upsets the most is that I have the feeling that if I didn't call I wouldn't be, immediately, informed that they're we're out of stock.

Anyway, Robinson's Shoes has them in house! I'm placing the order...

insy

Reaction score
Hey guys,

here are my Moore Oxfords I just got yesterday. What do you guys think about the lacing? Is it too tight, considering the shoes will stretch quite a bit?

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fit depends on more then just the lacing closure. I have a low instep so most of my shoes close in the middle or almost close. As long as they hug your heel and the length feels good for your toes I'd say they should be fine, as they'll stretch a bit on width but not immensely. It's really hard to find a last on a maker with a "perfect" fit. Nowadays I order mostly boots or chukka boots since finding the perfect oxford fit has always proved difficult in my case anyways. Boots are always a bit more forgiving. I have a few oxfords that I use for special occasions in specific lasts from specific makers that I know work for me, and that's about it.

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Looks like I'm not having my pair of AS Cambridge. Both stocks at AFPOS and Pediwear we're "wrong" so, only in February...

It's amazing how in 2016 the stock is not in real time.It allows the shopper to buy, they withdraw the money from the credit card and only later tell the shopper that it's sold out! Unacceptable.

Hi

We are sorry that the stocks of Cambridge are low. We do offer a full range of sizes because usually Sargents are able to offer a good stock service which can supply us within 24- 48 hours. Unfortunately quite a few of their lines are now depleted - but this has only recently become apparent as our own stocks have run down.

The technology to link our stocks and those of the manufacturer certainly exsits, perhaps one day it will be deployed but until then we will have to endeavour to keep our site as up to date as we can based on the changing information from the manufacturer.

I must emphasise that we never take any money until the time of despatch - your inference that we take the money and only tell the customer later is quite wrong. Your card is authorised at the time of the transaction, but we only take the money when we despatch the shoes, and we always advise customers within one working day regarding the expected delivery time.

I would quite agree that taking customers money when you do not have the stock is quite wrong.

Mike Small
Pediwear

mbaltazar

Reaction score
Hi

We are sorry that the stocks of Cambridge are low. We do offer a full range of sizes because usually Sargents are able to offer a good stock service which can supply us within 24- 48 hours. Unfortunately quite a few of their lines are now depleted - but this has only recently become apparent as our own stocks have run down.

The technology to link our stocks and those of the manufacturer certainly exsits, perhaps one day it will be deployed but until then we will have to endeavour to keep our site as up to date as we can based on the changing information from the manufacturer.

I must emphasise that we never take any money until the time of despatch - your inference that we take the money and only tell the customer later is quite wrong. Your card is authorised at the time of the transaction, but we only take the money when we despatch the shoes, and we always advise customers within one working day regarding the expected delivery time.

I would quite agree that taking customers money when you do not have the stock is quite wrong.

Mike Small
Pediwear

Hi Mike,
first of all thank you for your thoughts. This is also customer service.

I have expressed my "deslike" on the phone with the lady with whom I spoke with. She was lovely and did her job greatly, but I wanted my AS boots.

The buying process was confirmed and to me, and perhaps to anyone else, once it's successfully finalized there is stock to fulfill the order. It's a question of expectations management. In a world where everything is "live" and in real time, it's difficult to accept that a simple stock count takes time and needs to be "manually" confirmed.

About the payment, I payed using Paypal and Paypal showed the money withdrawal, not on my credit car balance, because it's probably not immediate but on my Paypal balance. I honestly am not an expert on internet payment procedures, but if my inference is/was wrong please accept my apologies.

Anyway, I really liked your upfront "no small talk" attitude. I just won all my future shoe buys (as long as you carry the brand I want).

Kindest regards,
Miguel

Threeputt

Reaction score

Ugh... I ordered a pair over the weekend and have yet to get a confirmation. What size did you order?
Thanks

mbaltazar

Reaction score

Ugh... I ordered a pair over the weekend and have yet to get a confirmation. What size did you order?
Thanks

I ordered size 8,5. The funny thing is that I was only told they we're out of stock because I called. Otherwise, I'd probably be waiting for that same email confirmation.

daizawaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

here are my Moore Oxfords I just got yesterday. What do you guys think about the lacing? Is it too tight, considering the shoes will stretch quite a bit?

Ive noted these are sold as a F fitting which is their standard (same as E on other makers), but I feel these are really a true F, and hence you can lace them up fully. Really depends how it fits on your widest part of the foot. For me this was an F deceptfully marketed as an E, but is a real F....

Threeputt

Reaction score

I ordered size 8,5. The funny thing is that I was only told they we're out of stock because I called. Otherwise, I'd probably be waiting for that same email confirmation.

It's just frustrating because there were other vendors with Cambridges on sale for Black Friday. If they had proper inventory control, we could have known they were out of stock and gone elsewhere for a good deal on the Cambridge. Granted, the Pediwear deal was the best I saw but I would have gladly paid a bit more to actually get them before Xmas. Not sure what I'm going to do. They offered some cheap socks for the inconvenience of waiting until February. Seriously? Just pisses me off.

Rant over. Carry on...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads