• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
does Fat waxed flesh use same leather as Slim waxed flesh? from the image they are very different, one is nubuck and the other is smoth leather.
Both are grain side, smooth leather (so, the grain top is not taken off). The initial leather actually looks slightly "cracked" from the wax. Hard to explain. With wear, the wax layer wears off, creating that strong contrast. Some people like to retreat then. Me, I like the contrast.

Skell6009

Reaction score

does Fat waxed flesh use same leather as Slim waxed flesh?  from the image they are very different, one is nubuck and the other is smoth leather.

Same exact leather. The slim waxed flesh boots were brand new when photographed. I'll see about uploading some pics of their current state tomorrow.

ARR13

Reaction score
As an MTO noob, do these makes roll out on some set schedule? Want to make sure that I don't miss my pre-order window!

SuSu

Reaction score
for the fat waxed flesh buyers - are you planning to size down .5 from your 2030 size?

ARR13

Reaction score

for the fat waxed flesh buyers - are you planning to size down .5 from your 2030 size?

Most likely, but I'll probably ask Viberg. These would probably be relegated to thick sock days if I don't. My 2030s are a little snug with thick socks, but they aren't broken in yet. For those I sized down 1 from Brannock.

EDIT: Actually will probably stay with 12s. I'm a 13D Brannock, and the 110 is "noticably shorter" than the 2030 according to this post. The 2030 black CXL service boots are almost perfect after a couple days of wear around the house. If I were to change anything I'd add a few mm width, and sacrifice a smidge of toe length. The 110 may be the last for me.

Last edited:

BHK666

Reaction score
How's the ripple toe? Any reviews from a gent who owns It? Recently purchased a christy sole (on the 110) and it is extremely comfortable. Very interested in zee ripple now. Cheers.

Last edited:

thisthingz

Reaction score
Is this the 310 last? The oil tan leather is far too dark for my taste, almost looks black. Wish #6 was the same color as the photo used on Page1. Think I'm gonna go boot-less this round.

I believe they lighten a bit with wear. From what I remember, the dayton wings+horn brown service boots were brown oil tan before a significant amount of distressing to give you a feel for how much lighter they can become.

Rossmc

Reaction score
Sorry for the really annoying question, but looking for sizing advice for 2030. Im a 8.5D on trubalance and 9D on Visvim Virgils. Do I go 8D/8.5D on the 2030?

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This does look nice.

LL

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads