• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks lance for the smart ass comments. I wore the tie because it best went with the braces. I do however like it though and I am glad I bought it. As far as your comments about braces with chinos, you may be right about them breaking conventional rules, but I'll not sweat that either. I'd pair braces with jeans.

I knew there would be comments about the hands in the pockets when I stuck them in there. I am a compulsive pocket user and we already looked weird standing around at college dressed extremely trad for the occasion anyways, plus we were having a picture snapped. Even now that I've heard your criticism I'd still probably have picked the same items for my first day trying out braces.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xchen
Thanks lance for the smart ass comments. I wore the tie because it best went with the braces. I do however like it though and I am glad I bought it. As far as your comments about braces with chinos, you may be right about them breaking conventional rules, but I'll not sweat that either. I'd pair braces with jeans.

I knew there would be comments about the hands in the pockets when I stuck them in there. I am a compulsive pocket user and we already looked weird standing around at college dressed extremely trad for the occasion anyways, plus we were having a picture snapped. Even now that I've heard your criticism I'd still probably have picked the same items for my first day trying out braces.

Cool tie, dude.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm going out on a limb here and saying you guys should probably dress your age as well. you look like a 40 year old "hip" banker....

Minkous

Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
i'm going out on a limb here and saying you guys should probably dress your age as well. you look like a 40 year old "hip" banker....

No offense to each his own, but dressing our ages in this region of the country and in this time era we would be wearing AE shorts, Flip Flops, and Lacoste polos with trucker hats. I just say be the **** you

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Minkous
No offense to each his own, but dressing our ages in this region of the country and in this time era we would be wearing AE shorts, Flip Flops, and Lacoste polos with trucker hats. I just say be the **** you

Agreed. I like the vibe of your outfits; however, the RL pants, shown better in the pic posted in MC's WAYWN, are just fugly
crazy.gif

Today-9.jpg

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lance konami
your popped collar makes me want to kick your ass. As does the way your sleeves are rolled up.
...says the dude who's wearing a baseball hat in 1/2 of his WAYWT pictures. I might like those RL pants, but I don't know yet. Show me a bigger picture. Edit: woops, didn't see that up there. I guess I'm not really into them. If they were plain seersucker and skinnier, they'd work nicely.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Souper
You jest about wearing flipflops and AE, but the vibe these outfits create is the same; the only difference is that you bought your stuff at jcrew.

I disagree. The vibe is definitely different. But it is just as pedestrian.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ken
I might like those RL pants, but I don't know yet. Show me a bigger picture.

Edit: woops, didn't see that up there. I guess I'm not really into them. If they were plain seersucker and skinnier, they'd work nicely.

What? Even you are not badass enough to rock them while working on a windmill? You disappoint me...

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ken
I disagree. The vibe is definitely different. But it is just as pedestrian.

Is it as pedestrian as posting the same vest/layered shirt/jeans/boots combo at least 3 times?
devil.gif

Souper

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
actually, I don't really mind xchen's fit, but there's nothing much to say about it.

Minkous's fit does however create that vibe for me, pants, blazer, and the way he's wearing them, and then the effect of them combined brings to mind what my college peers would buy.

Throw any amjack into jcrew, banana, gap and H+M and they can come up with this look; and that's what gives me that vibe.

I live in new york though, perhaps this isn't as pedestrian in other places.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cultpop 0217
yesterday

today

Are you still at the same spot in Oak Park? I keep meaning to stop in there because a buddy of mine lives about 3 blocks away from that art district.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads