• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
yeah, but I'd rather walk and pocket insurance,gas,and upkeep. plus a car loses the majority of its value the second you drive it off the lot.

a new pair of shoes is infinitely cheaper, and while I could bike people in Omaha don't seem to drive as friendly as other places i am accustomed to.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I'll wear my hairy legs with pride thank you very much.

You guys are nuts. This **** looks so good in person. Need to tweak things to get the overall CDG feel to work a bit better as i had hoped. Proportions and ish are hot fire. I'll take a outdoor better angle/lighting pic for all the haters next time i wear it. First tank top i've ever owned. I like the hand painted dots where they're all assymetric and imperfect and stuff.

that coat is pretty intense, kunk. It really that cold?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I like the cdg tank but my white jil with navy lines is infinitely better
devil.gif

Lost in va's shirt is fine, it'll be better once the chucks are worn in.

heyheyhey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Willsw
Vests and double breasts should never be left hanging.

Do you mean the two together? If so, opinion on the the waistcoat fit on its own?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
You guys are nuts. This **** looks so good in person. Need to tweak things to get the overall CDG feel to work a bit better as i had hoped. Proportions and ish are hot fire.
You're wearing a ******* skinny cardi with basketball shorts. "Hot fire?"

Willsw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by heyheyhey
Do you mean the two together? If so, opinion on the the waistcoat fit on its own?

I personally don't like any vest/waistcoat unbuttoned unless it is very utilitarian-looking. It gives me a hippie, renaissance fair carny kind of feeling.

I can only imagine the horror of a double breasted jacket hanging open to reveal an unbuttoned vest. You'd look like a gutted cow.

heyheyhey

Reaction score
I personally don't like any vest/waistcoat unbuttoned unless it is very utilitarian-looking. It gives me a hippie, renaissance fair carny kind of feeling.

Oh I see what you mean. Like when you see open waistcoat, shirt buttoned halfway down with an un-done tie. Classy look.

You'd look like a gutted cow.

crackup[1].gif

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bluemagic
How sad to run to this thread because of a new post by MJK, only to see that it was not a fit picture.
frown.gif

Tomorrow...

Originally Posted by robbie
yeah, but I'd rather walk and pocket insurance,gas,and upkeep. plus a car loses the majority of its value the second you drive it off the lot.

a new pair of shoes is infinitely cheaper, and while I could bike people in Omaha don't seem to drive as friendly as other places i am accustomed to.

I took the bus pretty much everywhere my last semester in college and I enjoyed it. Not the most convenient, but I got to read a lot. I biked to work for about 2 months or so last Summer/Fall and it was nice, but I would not want to bike in west Omaha.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I've walked from 78th and Pacificish to 120th and L several times, its a real chore in chucks. The sidewalk starts, stops and then starts again.

If W. Center had a bike lane I'd ride it in a heart beat.

And the bus only runs to 127th and L on sundays, go figure.

nyc_gaucho

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Yes. When i get proper shorts, even more so.

no, no...i'm not falling for it, chrono...nice try...but, the jig was up at the purposeful misbuttoning of the cardigan...definite joke fit-pic

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
filippa k
raf simons
photo-76-1.jpg

Rye, but this deserves at least a 8/10. I think that the photography counts for something too. Man, now you've got me thinking that I need to post to at least hit an 8/10. I think that I could style a 9/10, but for me, a 9/10 is pretty striking - not just "solid", which is 7/10, and I'm not sure that I can just walk out the door 9/10, though I could find someone and dress them to that level.

I actually think that it is hard to do 9+ without a jacket. Armani said that the jacket is the most important piece of men's clothing, and I am inclined in agree with him.

In obvious places like the LES or at the shows during fashion week, there are always a lot of 7/10, and some 8/10, and a lot of 5/10 where people get a 10 for effort and -5 for execution.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
WHAT???????????????
lost in VA was looking kind of hunky to me...maybe not your cup of tea?
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Rye, but this deserves at least a 8/10. I think that the photography counts for something too.
+1 Kunk kills this fit. It looks like his henchman just blew up Tom Cruise's motorcycle. AKA awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads