1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kitonbrioni, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

^^To some extent, you don't have to be Scorsese to be a movie critic, but you can't be Uwe Boll either.

2. Neofinitia

Neofinitia Well-Known Member

Best post in pages.

LOL!

Here you go Robbie -- a picture.

[​IMG]

3. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Well-Known Member

By rip he means sitting at home in just your Bless coat jacking off to me.
    The Bless coat is still in Paris. I cannot afford shipping at the moment. And yes, rent is due very soon. But if I were to jerk off to you I would not be wearing the coat. I heard from the noob (Teger) that thinking of you makes one cum an awful lot, creating huge mess.

4. Teger

Teger Well-Known Member

english motherfucker, do you speak it

5. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Well-Known Member

Neo's legs remind me of this [​IMG]

6. Rye GB

Rye GB Well-Known Member

Yet people flock around his opinion as if Jesus himself were handing down divine inspiration to those worthy. Why? Who the hell knows....
    And that's my fault if people agree?, I'm contributing to a forum with "honesty" and discussing the clothes at hand.

7. Neofinitia

Those are HUGE, Andrew.

More for Robbie to counteract the text overload.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. michaeljkrell

michaeljkrell Well-Known Member

9. Neofinitia

10. mert54

mert54 Well-Known Member

J. Campbell button up
    Ben Sherman sweater
    Kasil Jeans
    Talbott socks, (can't see, but navy w/ red and yellow stripes
    Brown Ferragamo loafers

11. celery

celery Well-Known Member

If you don't mind, what do you do for a living Neo? Cause I'm jealous.

12. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus Well-Known Member

And that's my fault if people agree?, I'm contributing to a forum with "honesty" and discussing the clothes at hand.

No fault in virtue, I simply argue the reasons people agree.

13. Neofinitia

If you don't mind, what do you do for a living Neo? Cause I'm jealous.

Strategy

14. nyc_gaucho

nyc_gaucho Well-Known Member

Beauty indeed is in the eye of the beholder and I for one do not proscribe to any particular..(...what word you laddies like to toss around...).... "aesthetic"?

I am of age, body shape, mind set, and means that I generally dress myself as I see fit (either planned or on a whim) and have realized that it is futile to please everyone and even more fruitless to dress for their approval. I have travelled the world, seen different things, walked various life paths, trained in many disciplines and find it a bit trivial to dwell too long on aesthetics.

If you don't get it, then that is fine. Move on and be civil as I have been to you. If you want to know, simply ask.

People really shouldn't be quick to vilify.

All the "SF-approved" looks are fine. I can appreciate them but have grown to find them hackneyed and dull. That said, I find SoCal inspiring.

I say "Next!". Who is up?

well said indeed, neo...not sure i'm buying the insinuation that you don't dwell very long on your own personal aesthetic...but, i do buy that is of your own creation, and i can respect that...do your thing, boss...

for whatever it might be worth to this discussion, i have enjoyed neo's posts...i don't think he's ever posted anything that i might actually wear, but that doesn't mean i haven't been enjoying his style..yeah, his stuff is very affected, at times...but, affected by what?...certainly not the strain of affectation prevalent around here (ie...being purposefully quirky to prove how much hipper, smarter and more sophisticated you are than the masses)...but, rather, he seems to be "affected" by his own individuality...and, i can get down with that...

oh...and let me just add about jdmay's compare/contrast post...i have to honestly say that while i have enjoyed maharlika's posts as well, in the pics presented, i came away feeling that neo is a character while maharlika in his costumey, vaguely clownish outfits was trying to be a character...

Sorry if my on screen persona causes your dick to shrink but only the members of the forum who I've met in person can vouch for the dickishness of my day to day personality.

you don't make my dick shrink, paulie [​IMG]

15. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Life's rough...

i know right

16. FiveFiveFive

FiveFiveFive Well-Known Member

It's possible to be critical without being mean-spirited, and I think that's the crux of the problem with some of your posts. Instead of saying something looks ugly or unappealing, you take it five steps too far by saying things like "your outfit looks like a hooker's cum rag". That crosses the line between being funny and being absolutely insulting. This is an internet forum, sure, but I can't imagine you'd say that to a stranger in person without fear of repercussion.

Point is, there's a better way to convey your opinions, even if you're that repulsed by something. You seem to have recognized this, at least before the latest bashing of Neo.

17. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

It is the internet, assuming people act the same way face to face as they do hundreds if not thousands of miles away from the people they are talking to is ridiculous.

I wouldn't walk up to a stranger and say, 'nice jeans, where to kop'.

people communicate differently, i have met a few boardies and they are nothing at all like seem they'd be offline.

18. erzu

erzu Well-Known Member

IMO it's plain awful, blind people who live alone put together more cohesive outfits. Keep doing your thing though as a lot of people here are loving it apparently.

Pot. Kettle. Black. Your denim fits are awful, RyeGB, most of the the time. Looked uncomfortable, like you can only walk in a certain way. Guess somebody who doesn't have to bite their tongue had to tell you that.

19. Rye GB

Rye GB Well-Known Member

It's possible to be critical without being mean-spirited, and I think that's the crux of the problem with some of your posts. Instead of saying something looks ugly or unappealing, you take it five steps too far by saying things like "your outfit looks like a hooker's cum rag". That crosses the line between being funny and being absolutely insulting. This is an internet forum, sure, but I can't imagine you'd say that to a stranger in person without fear of repercussion. Point is, there's a better way to convey your opinions, even if you're that repulsed by something. You seem to have recognized this, at least before the latest bashing of Neo.
    But if I hadn't used the term "Hookers Cum Rag" you and others wouldn't be bringing up a notorious critique made what feels like a year ago [​IMG] ?. It's duly noted that I've taken comments too far, I can't promise I won't fall foul of others again. I do extend my apologies to Neo for any insult caused.

20. FiveFiveFive

FiveFiveFive Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how you thought that was the point of my post. Besides, being hundreds of thousands of miles away isn't an excuse for being an asshole.

Anyway, I merely meant to point out that I'm sure Rye isn't the jerk he comes across as in some of his posts. I'm sure he's capable of criticizing someone without resorting to words and descriptions you'd find in a Chino XL track.

Edit: Responding to Robbie's post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.