1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jekyll, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

coughWACKBOOTCUTZcough Anyway, this is a perfect example of why this place get so lame from time to time. Eason walks around in the frootiest looking pair of tight pants imaginable, and you guys salivate over his fantastic fits. Who looks more ridiculous?
    I think they both look ridiculous Yardsale- Love the roll, thats why i'm looking for khaki/chinos with a 7"-7.5" hem

2. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

What size are you? I'm selling some Raf by Rafs in a 32. Fit slim but not in a chino material. It's a lightweight type summer fabric. 100% cotton still but feel more techy (i dunno, but theylook good with button ups or rolled). You can have $5 off whatever i'm selling at the moment

3. Coldsnap

I was looking at your rafs last week, I think they are gonna be too big. I could have probably filled them out a few weeks ago but I'm on a semi break from lifting weights and my body is slowly reverting back to the skinny 130lb nerd it wants to be.

though, my waist does measure 33" if I'm doing it right

4. Yardsale

Yardsale Well-Known Member

Damn it. I just posted my suede YMCs for sale... now I'm thinking of pulling them down.
    They were 107 bucks on sale. I think they're pretty built. I have the same shoes but in brown leather. I like the shape a lot.

5. kookydooky

kookydooky Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who thinks that a lot of the posters look very stiff and uncomfortable in their pics? eg [​IMG]

6. Yardsale

Yardsale Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who thinks that a lot of the posters look very stiff and uncomfortable in their pics?

yeah what's up with that? Either they're awkward at taking photos of themselves, or they're awkward wearing the clothes they have on. I don't know which is worse.

7. RBales

RBales Well-Known Member

I was looking at your rafs last week, I think they are gonna be too big. I could have probably filled them out a few weeks ago but I'm on a semi break from lifting weights and my body is slowly reverting back to the skinny 130lb nerd it wants to be. though, my waist does measure 33" if I'm doing it right
    ^^ they run like a size and a half small. i have 31s and they're kinda tight but i wear a 30 in everything. chrono's right though they look good rolled, i wear them a lot in the spring.

8. adamha21

adamha21 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Crescent Down Works
    Brooks Bros
    RLPL
    Rider

The fit on that vest looks really good. Not as puffy as mine. How did you size it?

9. jet

jet Well-Known Member

warlok is such a victim to hype

10. JoelF

JoelF Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who thinks that a lot of the posters look very stiff and uncomfortable in their pics?

eg
    http://vox.smugmug.com/photos/499894136_eWG2t-X2.jpg

problem us old guys have, we are stiff & uncomfortable [​IMG]

most posters on here look fine though

11. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

coughWACKBOOTCUTZcough Anyway, this is a perfect example of why this place get so lame from time to time. Eason walks around in the frootiest looking pair of tight pants imaginable, and you guys salivate over his fantastic fits. Who looks more ridiculous?
    And I think you look like a box-car traveling child molester, but I can also see where you're going with your outfits and I respect that. You of all people should understand a difference of style, yours being the polar opposite of mine, isn't a license for internet h8. Think I'll wear my Somets today. [​IMG]

12. sploosh

sploosh Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Just like others have said, I really like this fit.

This is a bit off topic but who is the painting by? Feel free to pm me so the thread is not cluttered.

13. bawlin

bawlin Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

At the most, he's wearing a white tee and some dickies. WOW. Mind blowing shit. What's worse is that he's wearing both of them poorly.

Who cares. He's wearing a $100 outfit AT WORK none-the-less, and he looks better than 90% of the posters here.

You geezers need to get a clue. Fit is nice and I love the pics.

Curious as to what kind of warehouse too.

x2.

14. Steggy

Steggy Well-Known Member

no wonder my posts were getting deleted.

oh well. Do you guys know what type of those checkered shoes the guy with the summer outfit(the RL rugby and shorts) was wearing?

15. APK

APK Well-Known Member

Who cares. He's wearing a $100 outfit AT WORK none-the-less, and he looks better than 90% of the posters here.

x2.

Like I said, the sag isn't an appealing look, regardless of age. It is, however, even more absurd looking when a thirtysomething or older is rocking the look. A lot of the styles on here are too dry and conservative for me. Still, they make more sense given age and profession than the sagged Dickies look.

16. chrisjr

chrisjr Well-Known Member

no wonder my posts were getting deleted.

oh well. Do you guys know what type of those checkered shoes the guy with the summer outfit(the RL rugby and shorts) was wearing?

Yep. That was me. They're RL Polo, like every other piece of the outfit.

17. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Well-Known Member

Jil Sander nylon/cotton knit reversible cardigan jacket Jil Sander grey stripe knit shirt (ignore the wrinkle) Jil Sander black seamed pants Jil Sander handmade shoes [​IMG]

18. Coldsnap

x2.

whaaaaaaaat?

19. Jekyll

Jekyll Well-Known Member

Despite the evidence to the contrary, this isn't DT.

20. warlok1965

warlok1965 Well-Known Member

warlok is such a victim to hype

Hahaha sorry did you buy one of these too? I must have missed the fit pic. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.