• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

brichards

Reaction score
I am a size 43 R suit.... I am looking to purchase some Banana Republic Monogram suits, but they are only sized 42 or 44. Should I go on shoulder fit or buy larger and hope the tailor can help?

p.s. pretty sure Marcello in La Dolce Vita is NOT wearing 649s

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't really wear loafers (prefer lace-up boots, brogues, bals or bluchers) but I have a chance to cop these for cheap. What would they look good with? My dark jeans? Chinos?

UserName84

Reaction score
Do the ebay tickers up in the corner of the page work? I can't seem to get anything from them.

andshewas

Reaction score
I love everything about my APC new cures. where can i get a jean thats right in between the new standard and new cure? obviously doesnt have to be APC, and i know their new petit standard is supposed to be the answer but i have yet to find a fit pic of these. thanks a lot. i'm 5'11 160 and am currently rocking a 31 in new cures if that helps.

centalones

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bbaquiran
I don't really wear loafers (prefer lace-up boots, brogues, bals or bluchers) but I have a chance to cop these for cheap. What would they look good with? My dark jeans? Chinos?
I think you should be able to wear those with anything you would wear a pair of black shoes with. Dark jeans and any shirt that's not a really bright color should work. FWIW, today, I wore a similar pair of black penny loafers with black socks, APC NSs, and a white stretch polo shirt.

Forkit

Reaction score
501_gray.jpg
What kind of shirts can go with this? I prefer something that is stylish but at the same time bold (color-wise). Your recommendations will be highly appreciated!

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well its a fairly neutral slate colorwise, but it is still has a lot going on. The picture shows it styled in a button up so why not follow that lead. If white's not what you what try grounding it in a light blue or purple for something a bit more pronounced. Solid colors are good as the cardigan has enough going on already.

Dyskreet

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm looking for some t-shirts like the one Tom Cruise is wearing here. I'm looking for plain colored shirts that are somewhat tight but not to tight on the torso and hang loose off of the neck. My bicep's are 14 inches, probably will be around 15-15.5 inches in around 4-6 months (I workout alot).
134827__tom_l.jpg
I look quite a bit like him so I'm trying to pull off a similar look to his while trying to retain my own style. I have some shirts from American Apparel but none of them have the low collar I am looking for. I also have v-necks but I'm looking for more of the straight look but not tight on the neck. Thanks.

Forkit

Reaction score
Originally Posted by erdawe
Well its a fairly neutral slate colorwise, but it is still has a lot going on. The picture shows it styled in a button up so why not follow that lead. If white's not what you what try grounding it in a light blue or purple for something a bit more pronounced. Solid colors are good as the cardigan has enough going on already.

What are you thoughts about wearing a blood red color shirt under the cardigan? Or do you think a light blue shirt would work better?

Thanks!

twarren

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dyskreet
Hello everyone. I'm looking for some t-shirts like the one Tom Cruise is wearing here. I'm looking for plain colored shirts that are somewhat tight but not to tight on the torso and hang loose off of the neck. My bicep's are 14 inches, probably will be around 15-15.5 inches in around 4-6 months (I workout alot).
Thanks.

BDG wideneck T

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a huge difference in quality between the MIJ and MII Dior 19cm/21cm?

Also how does sizing run for each (in black if it matters)?

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
The MIJ fit slightly slimmer and the indigo coloring seems a bit nicer looking. I've heard that the fading qualities are better on the MIJ but don't know first hand. Most people size down 1 for 19cm 2 for 21cm. There's a huge dior thread with good and bad information on sufu if you want to dig through it.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the plaid shirt that Rivers is wearing in the beginning of this video? I could swear I've seen it before. Funny video also.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members