• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking for. **WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
HYPE!!!! :slayer:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, that looks like a fun romp.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It appeals to the big kid in me...

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Breaking news out of Lucasfilm today as they've just officially announced the casting of Atlanta star Donald Glover as Lando Calrissian in their upcoming Han Solo spin-off film.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Breaking news out of Lucasfilm today as they've just officially announced the casting of Atlanta star Donald Glover as Lando Calrissian in their upcoming Han Solo spin-off film.

Billy Dee's shoes are some tough ones to fill. Here's hoping he can pull it off.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I must say that second trailer looks like the real thing. I mean, it really looks like it fits in the original trilogy. They really are getting the look, the feel, the vibe right - even with the introduction of new characters plus bits and bobs in an existing story arc; that strikes me as a lot harder than it sounds.

I'm really, really coming around on this :slayer:

ps I'm a total Star Wars baby, I saw it something like 13+ times in the theater when it came out. The only thing I wanted to do every weekend for months "Gramma, I wanna go see Star Wars again!"

Last edited:

Graemsay

Reaction score
Billy Dee's shoes are some tough ones to fill. Here's hoping he can pull it off.

From Starwars.com:

"We're so lucky to have an artist as talented as Donald join us," said Lord and Miller. "These are big shoes to fill, and an even bigger cape, and this one fits him perfectly, which will save us money on alterations. Also, we'd like to publicly apologize to Donald for ruining Comic-Con for him forever."

I'm sure he'll be fine.

brokencycle

Reaction score

Obviously that will be hard, but it isn't nearly as hard as getting Han Solo right. Harrison Ford is one of my all-time favorite actors, and I think he really made Han Solo into perhaps the most iconic character in Star Wars (except maybe Vader).

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Obviously that will be hard, but it isn't nearly as hard as getting Han Solo right.  Harrison Ford is one of my all-time favorite actors, and I think he really made Han Solo into perhaps the most iconic character in Star Wars (except maybe Vader).

And, ironically, you can put just about anyone into the Vader suit and have him do a passable job.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

More here.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It just occurred to me that neither Rogue trailers have a lightsaber in them anywhere. It makes sense given the timeline but it just struck me; Star Wars trailers without lightsabers.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It would actually be pretty cool if no lightsabers made an appearance in the movie. Vader shouldn't have to draw his lightsaber anytime he's dealing with non-Jedi.

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score

It would actually be pretty cool if no lightsabers made an appearance in the movie. Vader shouldn't have to draw his lightsaber anytime he's dealing with non-Jedi.

Then how is he going to kill the last remaining members of Rogue One when he boards their ship just as they beam the plans to Leia's ship?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads