• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking for. **WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Who knows, maybe they realized it was a weekness but it was a cost saving measure for it to only be ray shielded and not particle shielded.

Or perhaps the particle shield also blocked whatever was supposed to exhaust out of the port, so instead of trying to engineer a system of sensors to raise and lower the shield, they just put an energy shield on it and called it good?

Maybe it wasn't even the only weakness...it was just the one that rebel engineers were able to discover A) in a limited amount of time, B) that was exploitable using the equipment and resources currently available, and C) that was 100% guaranteed to lead to catastrophic failure of the death star if exploited.

It is not like they had a lot of time to put their plan into motion. There could be 50 other weaknesses that involve other tactics...sabotage from inside if you can get someone hired or allowed to make a delivery...interception by a stealthy ship at a time when the death star's not active with all hands at battlestations...who knows? But none of those options are possible when the death star is about to blow up the planet you are on and you don't have time to evacuate.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

I know the Empire was always supposed to be some space version of the Nazis, but "Death Troopers" in a black uniform... wow.

Maybe they should just call them Slytherin to make the eventual crossover spin-off tv special seem less incongruous.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
0.jpg

lefty

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
[VIDEO]
[/VIDEO]
Only seen the first thirty minutes, but I love how he opens by exhaustingly pointing out how all the Star Wars tropes recycled in the new movie were already tired after being reused in the prequels.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member