• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

**Official Kansas City Thread**

KimcheeFACE

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlanC
To bring a somber note to the thread, Rick Covitz of Rick's Tailoring in OP passed away last week. Rick was a good guy who knew good stuff (although the store has all levels of quality). It's where I get all my alterations work done.

His son Jeff (also a good guy) will continue running the store, I assume.

wow...that's too bad I was gonna go there this week too..

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To bring a somber note to the thread, Rick Covitz of Rick's Tailoring in OP passed away last week. Rick was a good guy who knew good stuff (although the store has all levels of quality). It's where I get all my alterations work done.

His son Jeff (also a good guy) will continue running the store, I assume.

Is this across from Oak Park mall? I have been going to Rydell's in Brookside, but his prices are
ffffuuuu.gif

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
College & Lamar

Thanks

^PF, give Rick's a try. I've found their prices pretty reasonable.

I will. I need a few shirts to be taken in.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Thank you based god

If you can handle Missouri weather, the good news is that you can probably handle the weather anywhere in the world. Having constant sinus drip, a sore throat and a cold is like your way of bringing a bit of the Show me state to the world.

PianoMan

Reaction score
The tailor I used as Pennsylvania and 39th has apparently closed up shop. I tried out Larissa's on the Plaza, and although I was very satisfied with her work, her prices are pretty steep. Anybody know of a reasonable tailor in the Midtown area? I'll venture out to Rick's in OP if I have to, but it would be nice to have a place I could drop by while on other errands.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Rick's is right off 435, so it's not hard to get to. Rydell's in Brookside is another option that is supposed to be fine.

jbrickhead

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm new to style forum, and I was surprised to find such a spirited discussion on KC. I grew up there and haven't been back since leaving for college. I'm moving to Chicago next year. For being a smaller market, midwestern town, it's not a bad place to be. I lived in Indianapolis last summer, and I can tell you right now KC is WAAAAAY better than Indy.

I make it back to KC everyone once in awhile because I have a lot of friends there and my parents still live there. The best shopping is Hudson & Jane's and Hall's. Standard has some cool stuff, but it's fairly overpriced, trendy, and their men's selection can be pretty weak. Baldwin denim is quality though. Who ever said a lot of things get marked down at Hall's because men in KC have poor taste was spot on.

The crown center store has some incredible deals during their semi-annual sales. I bought a beautiful Burberry blazer for like 150. Ferragamo ties were being sold for somewhere in the $50s. I don't really go into Pinstripes. My dad goes in there sometimes, so I'm not sure how cool it is...

If you're into vintage stuff, rerun (39th and Broadway, by The Corner restaurant) has some pretty cool stuff sometimes. Every Saturday from 10-4 pm they open up their warehouse in the Westbottoms. I've found multiple really cool items there.

As far as BBQ goes, I'm a big fan of LC's and Gates. People can talk all the **** they want on the Gate's in Leawood for being temporarily closed down due to health code violations. But I love their ribs, their original and spicy sauce, the wonder bread and pickles, onion rings coleslaw. MMMMM!

RIP Rick from Rick's tailoring. Rick's a solid place and decently priced. I remember my dad taking me in there to get my first suit tailored. I go to Rydell's. That guy in there is a little pricey, but I think he does a good job and knows his stuff.

Anyway, my 2 cents. Go Royals! Just won 12-9 in 13 innings. We're 3-1 baby! Revive 85!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads