• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

MSAINT

Reaction score

the golden tan looks like one fine colour. Do you have any pics?

Nope, not yet, I've just received the parcel from Northampton at my desk this morning, I'll try to take one or two this week end, no promises though...

I figure they'll look fine along my other brownish Stows (Arcorn, Moccasin Brown, C Shade & Expresso)

Last edited:

MSAINT

Reaction score
Hello Zippyh!
The pricing is nuts! Even more expense than in Japanese shops! (Good thing I don't like Monkey boots anyways because for a monomaniac as I am, the profusion of "exotic" Monkey boots is insane!)

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey MSAINT
This store in Korea has a bunch of smaller sized Tricker's including some monkey boots.
Too bad they seem to start around $800.

http://unipairstore.com/shop/goods/goods_list.php?category=007&sort=a.sort&page_num=100

Hello Zippyh!
The pricing is nuts! Even more expense than in Japanese shops! (Good thing I don't like Monkey boots anyways because for a monomaniac as I am, the profusion of "exotic" Monkey boots is insane!)

That was a pretty inspired idea to check there, Zippyh. I remember shopping for shoes in Japan, and they had nothing over a US size 9 in stock. Probably similar in Korea.

Maybe with the yen devaluation there will be some bargains in Japan; though the price is so high to start with...

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hello Zippyh!

Maybe this is why you don't like monkey boots. Is this what they do to your feet? Pretty awful looking picture.

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/firstline/item/10001757/

conak

Reaction score
I wish they had them in 6 1/2, but well, today is a good Tricker's day...

I'm wearing my Acorn Stow on Dainite and just received at my office my new Golden Tan Stow on Commando!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I also picked those up from retricker...unfortunately I didn't realize I needed to sign for them so I have to rush to the ups distribution center after work. How do you like them?

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That was a pretty inspired idea to check there, Zippyh. I remember shopping for shoes in Japan, and they had nothing over a US size 9 in stock. Probably similar in Korea.

Maybe with the yen devaluation there will be some bargains in Japan; though the price is so high to start with...

Yeah been trying to pick up a few pairs but no stock over 9UK so far

Pricing is about 55-70k yen

MSAINT

Reaction score
It's almost cheaper to go MTO with Richard at Shoehealer! (Best service ever)

buzzlulu

Reaction score
Always loved those tri tone wingtips. Too bad that I don't get along with the 4444 last - simply too wide for my foot even at a 1/2 size down. It seems like Stow's are the only ones that I am fine with.

Gregg

conak

Reaction score
Just got my golden tan Stows on commando soles from retrickers.. They said they were listed as seconds because they used the wrong polish in the factory...I'm assuming they used a darker polish based on how it compares to pics of the golden tan color. They look great though. David at retrickers recommended i stay with the same size in Stows as with the STP boots (langston model). Unfortunately I wish I'd sized down.
If anyone else is out there like me, who have the STP trickers boots and wondering about sizing for Stows, my STP boots in 10UK fit great with the regular boot socks I wear with boots, but the Stows in size 10UK fit like the STP boots in size 10.5 UK (which I also have). I normally wear a 10.5US in boots. So I would say to definitely size down at least 1 full size from US boot size, and even down half a size from the STP "Langston"

aram108

Reaction score
My new Eatons in Coffee Burnished.

Tried them on on Tuesday and they fit like a glove. Went walking all around Central Park and the East Village.

They definitely need to be broken in a bit, but they were comfortable all the same.

Really loving these shoes!

MSAINT

Reaction score
As promised, some clickable pictures of my new Golden Tan Stow on Commando soles.

The All Brown Stows

A comparison between the Golden Tan and my Oxblood Stow (transformed Lolipop Red)

My Oxblood Tricker's boots

And as was about to wear them today... A glimpse of how my Eaton evolve

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads