• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oasis

limping_decorum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
^blur were too british to make it here. oasis>blur, but suede were best of the lot IMO.
blur were great live.

oasis. never cared for them that much.

swervedriver/jesus and mary chain/the verve were better.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ddml may have something there. Someone ask Noel and Richard about it.

On Pulp: Pulp has in the past few years gone from underrated to overrated, at least in America. Common People is one of my favorite songs, and Different Class is solid, but most of their albums are (again, IMO) uneven (We Love Life? weak), and Jarvis Cocker is at least kind of a twit (although, in a twit-off with Gallagher and Ashcroft, he wouldn't have a chance). My impression of him recently is that he seems surprised at his own rennaissance. I feel like hipsters (not necessarily you, Magician
smile.gif
) who want to champion a "neglected" Brit pop act always choose Pulp, but their body of work doesn't hold up to Blur or Oasis (or Limping Decorum's less brit poppy picks).

Reaction score
I actually prefer His N Hers and This is Hardcore over Common People; though the latter is indispensable, I think it panders a bit much to popular taste, while the others I mentioned are uncompromised visions.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oasis is typical British whiny bulshit for friday-night working stiff wankers.

They should record togeather with Morrissey to save this world from double the ****...

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i don't put j & m chain in the same grouping. too dofferent, but amazing.

Originally Posted by limping_decorum
blur were great live.

oasis. never cared for them that much.

swervedriver/jesus and mary chain/the verve were better.

zupermaus

Reaction score
the first commercial release of Oasis, back in 1993. Look at Liam!
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Shakermaker

Reaction score
zupermaus;1553355 said:
the first commercial release of Oasis, back in 1993. Look at Liam!

Actually, Shakermaker was their second commercial single and it was in '94. Yep, I'm that guy.

Reaction score
Ah, here we go, Noel actually wrote "Cast No Shadow" for Richard Ashcroft of The Verve:
Originally Posted by Noel
"Richard (Ashcroft) wasn´t very happy for a while so I wrote it for him and about three weeks later he quit the band. It´s about songwriters in general who are desperately trying to say something. I´d like to be able to write really meaningful lyrics but I always end up talking about drugs or sex. But people like Richard and Paul Weller will look after me. `Bound with all the weight of all the words he tried to say´ - That´s me. I´m not Morrissey. I´m not Bob Dylan. I´m not Brett Anderson. They are better lyricists than I´ll ever be."
Originally Posted by cast no shadow
Here's a thought for every man Who tries to understand what is in his hands (What's in his hands) He walks along the open road of love and life Surviving if he can (Surviving if he can) Bound with all the weight of all the words he tried to say Chained to all the places that he never wished to stay Bound with all the weight of all the words he tried to say As he faced the sun he cast no shadow As they took his soul they stole his pride (pride)x3 As he faced the sun he cast no shadow Here's a thought for every man Who tries to understand what is in his hands (What's in his hands) He walks along the open road of love and life Surviving if he can (But only if he can) Bound with all the weight of all the words he tried to say Chained to all the places that he never wished to stay Bound with all the weight of all the words he tried to say As he faced the sun he cast no shadow As they took his soul they stole his pride (pride)x4 As he faced the sun he cast no shadowx4\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t
can he have written TWO songs about mr. ashcroft, his old drug buddy?

upstarter

Reaction score
That live "Live Forever" is fantastic. Check out the live "whatever" clip from the same show, it's also pretty good.

I think some of Oasis' stuff is good, but they're certainly not as good as a lot of people take them for. The early anthems are great though to get yourself pumped up, or to learn on the guitar cause they're easy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads