• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Now taking orders until June 15. Viberg for Styleforummarket.com MTO - Natural CXL derby on the 2030

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm an 8D for the suede derbies on the Barrie last and an 8.5D for the suede chukkas on the Leydon last. I would chose an 8D for Viberg boots because the extra room but with these being derbies, should I size down to 7.5?
I would talk the same size as you do for boots, unless your boots are really loose. I hate squished toes. But ymmv, obviously.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fok, are there limited number of sizes that can be ordered? Eg only a dozen of size x?
These are MTO, so we'll take 30 orders of size 7 if that's what you want (but... why?)

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quote:These are MTO, so we'll take 30 orders of size 7 if that's what you want (but... why?)
No, I meant is there a chance one size will "sell out" (ie max out some preorder quota) before the deadline?

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone plan on wearing these sockless or with dress socks?

I can afford to go down a half size. Got a message from Viberg that the width shouldn't really change, just the length, and only by 3-4 mm.

Heads up for anyone else in the same boat...

Daft Luck

Reaction score
Does anyone plan on wearing these sockless or with dress socks?

I can afford to go down a half size. Got a message from Viberg that the width shouldn't really change, just the length, and only by 3-4 mm.

Heads up for anyone else in the same boat...
I'm curious as to the fit on a 2030 shoe compared to the service boot. I was planning on wearing these sockless or with no-shows part of the time, but I also want to wear them to the office...

I have more than a thumbs width of space in front of my big toe on my size 9 Service Boots and the width is great. I guess my only concern is that, even though I have some space to give in the toe box, my big toes already hit the top and poke up a little- I feel like this would only be worse on a size 8.5 derby

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Viberg said a half size down is only about 3-4 mm shorter but nearly zero difference in width.

My advice, after playing with my black CXL service boot last night:

Wear the socks you will wear most (or the same thickness of sock) with the derby.

Put your foot in the service boot, heel all the way back.

Does the width already huh your foot? Does the top already press down? If yes, don't go for a smaller derby size.

If not...

Slide your foot forward until it's snug but not uncomfortable (ideally do this in the afternoon so your foot is larger).

Is there heel slippage?

If your heel "catches" but can slip out if you flex your boot, AND the toe box isn't already snug on you, then you can afford a half size down.

This isn't an exact science, so the final decision tests with you. I may go for a half size smaller, because the ankle won't be as high so heel slippage is a bigger problem vs a boot.

scottcw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So this might be over thinking it, but I have a pair of service boots on the 2030 last. Would I order the same size for the derby or go down 1/2 size to make sure there is no heel slippage?

Daft Luck

Reaction score
So this might be over thinking it, but I have a pair of service boots on the 2030 last. Would I order the same size for the derby or go down 1/2 size to make sure there is no heel slippage?

I'm in the same boat, and I'm planning on sizing down from a size 9 to an 8.5. My big toe hits about halfway up the captoe on my pair of Service Boots on the 2030 (it even pokes up a little because of the low profile), width is good (even though I'm a wide D/borderline E) and I have slight heel slippage.

Since a derby won't have the support a boot has, I definitely want a more snug fit- I'm even considering sizing down to an 8.5 on the next pair of service boots i pick up.

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, and I'm planning on sizing down from a size 9 to an 8.5. My big toe hits about halfway up the captoe on my pair of Service Boots on the 2030 (it even pokes up a little because of the low profile), width is good (even though I'm a wide D/borderline E) and I have slight heel slippage.

Since a derby won't have the support a boot has, I definitely want a more snug fit- I'm even considering sizing down to an 8.5 on the next pair of service boots i pick up.

Brother, I am exactly in your situation. I have bad fasciitis, so I'd prefer to wear an insole+thicker socks, but without the insole, my foot can definitely slide more than a few millimeters; I was told the difference in half a size is almost zero in width but 3-4 mm in length. Just a heads up.

Agree with you on being more conscious of heel slippage in a lower-profile shoe. vs a boot. Plus, this is CXL. It should stretch a tad.

Capsicum

Reaction score
Order placed and full payment is done. How much time do we expect to get the shoes to be produced?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads