• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nokia N73 or Apple Iphone?

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
So it takes more work to leave out functionality?

I didn't say more work: I said more difficult, because you can't throw everything and the kitchen sink into it. You have to think about what to leave in that will still satisfy the market you're going after. Think about it in terms of packing clothes for a vacation: it's easier to just bring too much clothes than it is to carefully consider what you really need and only bringing that.

I have nothing against power users or making things for them. Clearly the iPhone isn't aimed at them.

--Andre

fortune

Reaction score
Originally Posted by raley
What data plan do you use on T-mobile with your iphone? Is it just 20$ blackberry plan that gives you unlimited data, or do you have to choose some other plan that is more than 20$ extra per month?

because i'm on my family plan all im paying for is unlimited internet.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fortune
because i'm on my family plan all im paying for is unlimited internet.

I would expect that if you have T-Zones/T-MobileWeb (as long as you have the ability to enter proxy information on the iPhone) you can then get away with paying only $5.99 a month.

metkirk

Reaction score
One for iPhone, simply because I own one. The operating platform on the iPhone is probably the fastest and cleanest out there. However you'd have to go extra steps if you want the office softwares; iPhone doesn't come with MS word, excel, pdf...

fortune

Reaction score
I would expect that if you have T-Zones/T-MobileWeb (as long as you have the ability to enter proxy information on the iPhone) you can then get away with paying only $5.99 a month.

yes, yes you can, but to my understanding the speeds on the tzone plan are far less faster than those of the internet plan. I have tested my self because I don't really care much, because the transition from my SK3 to Internet plan was no change in price. But from what I've read on macrumors, some users have said that it's a difference in speeds.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yes, yes you can, but to my understanding the speeds on the tzone plan are far less faster than those of the internet plan. I have tested my self because I don't really care much, because the transition from my SK3 to Internet plan was no change in price. But from what I've read on macrumors, some users have said that it's a difference in speeds.

Actually other than some possible latency issues (due to the proxy routing), they use the exact same network. There have been some lengthy discussions over at HowardForums over this over the past few years; I would defer to those people over MacRumours. There have been some anecdotal accounts of speed difference but the real difference is port blocking, not the resulting speed.

P.s. you may want to change to the new 19.99 Total Internet plan that now includes HotSpot coverage.

fortune

Reaction score
Actually other than some possible latency issues (due to the proxy routing), they use the exact same network. There have been some lengthy discussions over at HowardForums over this over the past few years; I would defer to those people over MacRumours. There have been some anecdotal accounts of speed difference but the real difference is port blocking, not the resulting speed.

P.s. you may want to change to the new 19.99 Total Internet plan that now includes HotSpot coverage.

when did they change to include that? because i put it on the saturday before yesterday. and, even if the speeds are the same and the only difference is port blcoking, i'd rather have all of my stuff open. besides, i don't mind 20/month so it's no big deal to me. though maybe that's just me.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
when did they change to include that? because i put it on the saturday before yesterday. and, even if the speeds are the same and the only difference is port blcoking, i'd rather have all of my stuff open. besides, i don't mind 20/month so it's no big deal to me. though maybe that's just me.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1234082

Lots of info on the new plans.

fortune

Reaction score
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1234082

Lots of info on the new plans.

aight. yeah thanks. that's the plan we put on. at first the guy was telling my mom(the primary acct holder) that it was going to be 30 and my mom was like well you're paying the difference. then he was like oh, my bad, we just had changes in prices and it'll only be 20 bucks. so looks like i'm golden
tongue.gif

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

fortune

Reaction score
lol. though i'm probably included in his generalization of iphone owners, that was funny as ****.

Although, it looks to me as if Maddox over looked jail broken iphones.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
Even with the beatdown the Nokia N73 received, I'm gonna buy it.

Well, the iPhone IS the JesusPhone after all - and how can you not love Jesus
tounge.gif
?
Lots of people like it but you just need to choose the right tool for the job
smile.gif
- whether it is the N73 or iPhone, let us know what you think after a while.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I should get it in a week, however I won't activate it with ATT or Tmobile till november cause I dont want my activation fee and cost of the phone on the same CC bill. If I can get it working (camera and other stuff) in the mean time, I will post about 'em.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics