• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nigel Cabourn

migsy999

Reaction score
Hey guys, not posted in a while.
Giving you boys a heads up on some gear i'm selling on here later.

I'm putting up an Indigo mallory size 46. hardly worn.
Also some Rolling Dub Trio boots i bought from the Army Gym in Tokyo last year UK 7. Amazing boots, but i have just never worn them.

My camera is just charging up but you can PM me before they go live for offers.

Mon Dieu

Reaction score
Has anyone with hands on experience tried on both the size 46 & 48 "Everest Parka" F/W 14. Am a true US 40 and tried on the 48 and felt the 46 could have worked also but with a little less "Bulk"

Am 5'10" 170lbs and large through the chest and shouldes with 31/32 inch waist.

Thoughts.

Thanks

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's always nice to find gems from previous seasons. Just picked up a pair of army Cabourn x Converse Ventile Bosey boots off Ebay to go with an unworn navy pair I have. My other navy pair looks great after a lot of wear.

HOT Sriracha

Reaction score

It's always nice to find gems from previous seasons. Just picked up a pair of army Cabourn x Converse Ventile Bosey boots off Ebay to go with an unworn navy pair I have. My other navy pair looks great after a lot of wear.

Do these fit like standard Converse chucks? I slept on these and looking for a navy size 8.

Marshy91

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Been searching high and low but to no avail. Does anybody know where I can get the SS14 Mallory vest in green?

Ta

cositgotdark

Reaction score
There's a size 50 on Cultizm

Also maybe call Ushowu, they have multiple sizes listed in the drop-down menu but it says sold out - might be worth checking with them

Last edited:

Werder

Reaction score
Has anyone seen any Everest Parkas (Size 50) on sale lately? If i have understood it correct, there will only be the new everest parka next season and not the original one?

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread really needs some more chatter.

This coming weekend they'll be showing SS16 at Cabourn's shop in Covent Garden. Saturday is for press only, but apparently you can go in on Friday or Sunday and view the collection. I would love to see some photos of this as it's naval inspired and I'm a big fan of the SS lines. I'd also love details of the "archival" pieces they just added to the shop. Specifically what pieces they've added and pricing. If anyone's in the neighborhood let us know what you see.

I made my first SS15 buy a couple of weeks back with the sale. I grabbed the cropped Cold Weather Parka. It's a great piece and it was a great price. It looks great on and the details are top notch. The cotton poplin fabric is definitely a departure for the other fabrications of the jacket and other Cabourn outerwear. It wouldn't do you any favors in the rain, but I'm fine with that. It has the appearance of linen to an extent. It has all the details of the usual CWP, just the cropped length which I think for most is going to be more practical aesthetically. Another difference are the new buttons. I like them more in person than I did in the photos, but I'm thinking I might go the horn route eventually as the buckle doesn't match the buttons and I think the horn buttons will make the jacket look richer. Another change is the RiRi zipper. The zipper is quite large but it works amazingly well. It looks great too. The only real knock I have is that there was a peculiar "fishy" smell to the jacket. They told me it's because the jacket was coated, but I can't see any coating on it. I'm goign to just try and air it out and possibly wash it/dry clean it and see what happens. Overall another winner that I'd definitely recommend.

Last edited:

alifrombath

Reaction score
Hi ,
This is my first time posting on this forum, so please give me some rope !! I just wanted to agree with an earlier poster about the business jacket in navy at superdenim, it is £199 which is a great price ...
Unfortunately for me mine was just too tight across my chest, so I had to return mine, but the material is beautiful.. .....
The cut is a very tailored fit, which doesn't allow for the more stocky individuals such as me !!
Some of the mainline stuff looks great, and I wondered if anybody has bought the new double denim shirt yet and their thoughts on that and the cut etc ?

Many thanks
Al

jacksonn

Reaction score
Some of the mainline stuff looks great, and I wondered if anybody has bought the new double denim shirt yet and their thoughts on that and the cut etc ?

I think the mixed denim shirt/jacket is great - I'd happily own one, but I'd probably like to grab it at discount because it'll be very long on me. That's the issue with the cut, for me. That said Nigel seems to wear it as a jacket and I could make that work for me. Or I could aggressively wash it and get some shrinkage. Going by his instagram, Nigel's washing a lot of items these days and obviously thinks this is a good thing. There is also a new pic up there of an original Lybro workwear jacket that looks amazingly similar to an MHL workwear jacket I bought very recently. I mean it's virtually the same jacket, but worn in/washed. I'd hazard a guess MH used the very same jacket as a template.

Can't wait to see the NC Lybro range. Anyone got any pictures/links other than instagram?

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never got my jacket, some reason it got lost in transit. Had to get refund.

Curious how people sized the Compton Jacket:

Relative to FW of the Mallory / Business Jacket (48) and FW of Camerman (46)

I don't have any NC jackets form the SS line so curious how people sized it.

Also can you comment on how practical the jacket is with Chinos? Wondering if it would be too loud for work environment. My wife says it reminds her of wall paper :embar:

alifrombath

Reaction score
Ah right, that is a shame as £199 seems a good price for the jacket, I was disappointed that mine didn't fit ...

So to alleviate my disappointment, I bought a check medical shirt from the cabourn website, which I am very impressed with ...
And I have ordered a vest in gun metal from Corniche as well in the fox flannel , anybody have anything to say about this fabric ?

Yes Jacksonn I was thinking the same with the double denim shirt, Flannels have it in a 52, which if it comes down a bit I might be tempted.. But you make a good point about the cut, I would be a bit worried about that too ...

Cheers
Al

Phil McCrackin

Reaction score
Like to see some pics of the cropped cold weather , other than stock photos from Cabourn ..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads