• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nigel Cabourn

TheChefs

Reaction score
I would say by 1"... It's not quiet a blazer in my opinion... but then the sleves on mine cover the whole wrist

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah depends on your taste really.
I have blazers/jackets that go best with certain shirts because of sleeve length.
EG has really long arms, which is fine but they need to go with certain jackets.
As long as it doesn't look sloppy.
Anyhow... digression!

xiaogwuay

Reaction score
@randomkorean I ordered a couple jackets. King George and the DB Tweed. Straight Shopaholic Status. (SSS)

@ts18 let us know how it fits when you get it!!! HONG KONG POWER!!!!

@Spatlese ok I bought the size 50 on the clip jacket. I never saw the baby blue one before so LOVED IT.

BTW Folks, the King George jacket I got from Barneys was a M which was 50. (you guys were right) Even though the 46 I tried on at the store was deemed a S. The 50 in the Blue King George is made for a Big Man. I was swimming in it and looked like I was wearing my Dad's Coat! LOL Good thing I got the military one in a 48 on the way! HA!

Last edited:

Saksen

Reaction score
Just got my Cameraman size 46 from TBS! The sleeves are definitely too long on me, but otherwise I think the fit is good and the jacket seems great. Maybe fit pics later

ts18

Reaction score

Just got my Cameraman size 46 from TBS! The sleeves are definitely too long on me, but otherwise I think the fit is good and the jacket seems great. Maybe fit pics later

...... I bought it in tbs as well but tbs just told me that the have an error in the jacket's quantity on the web.
So...

xiaogwuay

Reaction score
UTHENTIC vs. MAIN: Its OFFICIAL FOLKS!!! There is a One-Size difference between the Jackets from the Authentic and Main collections. While my body is fitted to the T with the 50 on the Main lines, both the jackets I got from Authentic lines at 50 our oversized like no tomorrow. So my original theory was correct that there is a huge difference in how they size the two lines. This is often very common in Asia, where a L in Asia would be a M in American/UK.

TESTS:I was able to try on a King George in both 48 and 50, and 48 is Perfect. I bought two jackets from Mainline (Tenzer and four-button Mallory) at size 50 and one jacket (DB Tweed) Authentic at 50, and the Authentic made me feel like I was wearing my father's suit jacket when I was 12, while the Mainline pieces fit snug and clean.

Although this is the case with the jackets above, I had tried on 48 and 50 for Cameraman, and I prefer 50 because it allows you to layer and still look good. 48 is fitted but all you could fit under would be a T-shirt, while the arms were a bit short for me.

I also realized the cuts from the Authentic lines are a bit more boxy, while the Main line has shoulders but takes in the waist for a very good Slim-Fit. Just wanted to share my experience with everyone so we could buy-out these onilne sales to keep Nigel afloat to keep the good stuff coming!!! =)

xiaogwuay

Reaction score
@Teger your post was a downer. :foo:

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DB Tweed coat arrived last night, will try and post a fit pic later in the week. For those wondering though here's my initial thoughts:

Tweed is slightly heavier than that on the cameraman, but it's still a light-midweight Harris. Despite the pit-to-pit measurement it's reasonably slim in the body - glad I didn't size down from my usual 52 (will take a thick sweater- or might squeeze a light sports jacket underneath). Sleeve length is that of a coat (arms down and it falls to around my first thumb joint) - I've got reasonably long arms - if you're shorter in the arm note you've got a maximum of 1/2 inch before the working buttons would cause problems. Usual Cabourn construction quality.

I'm pretty happy with it.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^You're actually seeing it? I haven't even been able to get the site to load. Now, their URL routes to their web design company's site.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know a brand is successful when a sale melts the retailer's server...

nixda

Reaction score
I'm back out now! If you click on the End Of Season Sale Link on the front page and 'IF' it loads, you'll see everything (all Cabourn items). I could only get through half before it kicked me back out. All of it was size 48. I've still got some other items to check out, but yeah.....

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FredJnr73