• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NFL 2016-17 Thread

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Watt is the NFL's Great White Hope LOL
Has any other player ever had a TD reception and a TD interception return, in the same season?

I can't think of any player that would have done this. The player with the best chance would be Deion Sanders but he never did it.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quote: Originally Posted by rnoldh link Watt is the NFL's Great White Hope LOL Has any other player ever had a TD reception and a TD interception return, in the same season? I can't think of any player that would have done this. The player with the best chance would be Deion Sanders but he never did it.
If Texans have a sense of marketing they should let Watt kick a Field Goal in a blowout game.

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe urlacher did it one season. Several players would have done it in the olden days, but very rare in the modern era.

Last edited:

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I mostly found the answer,

Texans DE J.J. Watt became just the second player since the merger to record a touchdown reception and interception return for a score in the same season, joining Patriots LB (and current Texans LB coach) Mike Vrabel, who accomplished the feat in 2005.

http://www.click2houston.com/sports/texans-23-bills-17/28307328

So, it has been done by a linebacker since the merger, I'm not sure about a Defensive Lineman in NFL history.

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's been awhile since I've seen NE look this awful. Turned the game off at halftime. Don't regret it after checking the score.

Wade

Reaction score
smh brady
will probably drop him for eli
good thing rest of my team in the league i own him in showed up this week

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
reality check, the AFC consists of teams QB'ed by the likes of Geno Smith, Orton, and the dolphins... I have a feeling the pats will be fine and still make the playoffs. they won't be world beaters or anything, but the AFC east is LOLz when it comes to actual division winner hopefuls.

Last edited:

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I agree. My prediction for the start of this year would be that the Patriots would win the AFC East, win one playoff game and lose their second playoff game. I still think this is entirely possible. It is hard to have high hopes when you are trying to replace a legendary offensive line coach, play musical chairs with your offensive line and have questionable receiving talent. The one thing that surprised me this year is that I did not expect the run defense to be as pitiful as it has been so far.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

reality check, the AFC consists of teams QB'ed by the likes of Geno Smith, Orton, and the dolphins... I have a feeling the pats will be fine and still make the playoffs. they won't be world beaters or anything, but the AFC east is LOLz when it comes to actual division winner hopefuls.

One of those teams has already beaten the Pats. Yeah there are some awful teams in their division but right now getting to the playoffs is no lock.

And seriously Tom--run for the ******* first down.

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ The Dolphins beat the Pats in Miami about 50% of the time in the Brady era (actually a bit more, Brady's sub 500 in Miami), so that's really nothing new. If they have to start the season 2-2, I'd rather they have 7 home games and 5 away games left. Nothing is guaranteed in the NFL ever, but I still think the smart money should have NE winning the AFC East.

And yeah, he should have run for that first down.

Last edited:

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

How far the mighty have fallen...

Pats fans circa 2007: we're the best in the league
Pats fans circa 2014: we'll just barely make the playoffs because our division sucks :)

Last edited:

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Nothing lasts forever. I'd break down the Patriots from 2001 to the present as such:

- From 2001-2007, the Pats either won the Superbowl, were the best team in the league or at least had potential to be a contender (well, except for 2002 which was a weird year surrounded by Superbowl winning teams). I'd argue that the Pats won the Superbowl in 2001 despite not being the best team in the league and failed to do so in 2007 despite being the best team in the league.

- 2008 Pats were a playoff caliber team despite Brady going down in week 1, (most 11-5 teams make the playoffs) but not much could be expected of them beyond making the playoffs. The defense really helped carry them to an 11-5 record that year. Most QBs have an off year in their first year back from a really bad injury, so 2009 was basically a write-off between Brady having an off year and what was an elite defense getting another year older and having some key retirements.

- 2010 to 2012 Pats had some serious talent on the offensive side of the ball, but not the defense of old. There was the potential to dominate opponents, however, and I think these teams were all legitimate contenders, especially when the defense was causing turnovers. Losing Gronk late in the playoffs two years in a row surely did not help, but every team has injuries and you have to play past them.

- 2013 Pats lost most of their key offensive weapons from the year before and were never going to be true contenders. I'm impressed they went as far as they did actually. 2014 Pats have the same offense (minus Blount who was a true asset), traded a veteran offensive lineman and had their offensive line coach who done a great job for years retire.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How far the mighty have fallen...

Pats fans circa 2007: we're the best in the league
Pats fans circa 2014: we'll just barely make the playoffs because our division sucks :)

Me as a 10 y/o pats fan sitting in a frigid assed foxboro in october in 1991: WOW WE ONLY LOST BY 12 to the MIGHTY 49ers!!! that was a moral victory for a 2-14 season :slayer:

it goes in cycles. I remember when I hated the yankees and never thought the red sox would win a WS. I also gave up on the celtics and bruins, but I still watched.

now the only team i really hate is the lakers, I don't even hate the yankees anymore there's nothing scary about the yankees. I should hate the giants, but aside from them winning a couple recent superbowls they've sucked ass.

I was in SF recently and I'll tell you whats annoying... 49er fans acting like their team is the best in the NFL for the last 5 years even though they haven't won a SB.

Last edited:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Let's not forget that the era of Patriots greatness began with a "victory" over the St. Louis Rams (quotation marks indicate presence of cheating).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads