• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NFL 2016-17 Thread

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I thought James White deserved to get SB MVP over Brady.

The MVP is pretty much always the best qb/wr/rb regardless of who else played well

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So did I. His play was nearly flawless all game while Tom struggled for the first 3 q's.
Don't know if Brady struggled as much as his receivers, I know Brady had some off passes but I saw maybe 5 BIG dropped passes that killed drives or failed to get first downs.

Last edited:

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lolz

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody else surprised that Terrell Davis and Kurt Warner were voted into the HOF? Both players had incredible peaks, but those peaks lasted a short time. And both players were arguably products of their respective offensive systems.

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Don't know if Brady struggled as much as his receivers, I know Brady had some off passes but I saw maybe 5 BIG dropped passes that killed drives or failed to get first downs.

I'd say Brady was less sharp than usual during the first three quarters and the drops (and receivers not making a few plays on 50/50 balls) didn't help. He missed some open receivers he normally hits, so I think there's enough blame to spread around.

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anybody else surprised that Terrell Davis and Kurt Warner were voted into the HOF? Both players had incredible peaks, but those peaks lasted a short time. And both players were arguably products of their respective offensive systems.

Not too shocked. Some players make a bigger impact over a few seasons than others make over a career. I don't have firm thoughts about where you draw the line about HOF-caliber, but Warner played excellent football and I'd argue that without Terrell Davis, John Elway retires without a Super Bowl ring. He averaged over 100 yards per game (regular season and playoffs), with 142 yards per game and 1.5 rushing TDs per game during his playoff career.

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Warner is deserving IMO. He did take some whole other team to the SB, not just a few magical years with the Rams.

TD is not deserving. The only real running back in the hall you can compare him to as far as shortened career is Gale Sayers, and TD is no Gale Sayers. There are lots and lots of guys, including TD's contemporaries who I would draft/pick before him.

Mike Anderson (who?) put up 1,500 yards in that system. Unless you're going to say every 2000 yard rusher is HOF

As far as the Falcons, history is against them returning to the SB, let alone returning and winning.

Hopefully the Goodell era ends very soon.

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TD is not deserving. The only real running back in the hall you can compare him to as far as shortened career is Gale Sayers, and TD is no Gale Sayers. There are lots and lots of guys, including TD's contemporaries who I would draft/pick before him.

Just curious who you'd put above TD. Not necessarily disagreeing, it's just been awhile since I've really thought about 1990s running backs other than Thurman Thomas, Emmitt Smith, or Barry Sanders.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Just curious who you'd put above TD. Not necessarily disagreeing, it's just been awhile since I've really thought about 1990s running backs other than Thurman Thomas, Emmitt Smith, or Barry Sanders.

Off the top of my head, Shaun Alexander, who has nearly 2000 more rushing yards but no rings.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'd say Brady was less sharp than usual during the first three quarters and the drops (and receivers not making a few plays on 50/50 balls) didn't help. He missed some open receivers he normally hits, so I think there's enough blame to spread around.

I agree- just saying that the drops made his stat line, and the general 'he's off!!!' Look worse than it actually worse

diadem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The MVP is pretty much always the best qb/wr/rb regardless of who else played well

I mean, James White had 3 touchdowns (2 rushing, 1 receiving, including the game-tying and game-winning TD's), set an NFL record with 14 receptions in the Super Bowl, and accounted for 20 of the 34 points scored by the Patriots (the aforementioned 3 TD's plus a 2-point conversion). I understand that the comeback doesn't happen without Brady, but I do believe White had a bigger impact on the game than Brady. If Brady didn't throw that pick-six, I could see it as more of a 50-50 call as to who should get it, but that pick was one of the reasons the Patriots had to dig themselves out of such a massive hole. Besides, Brady himself has said that White deserves it.

But whatever, QB's get all the glory in this league, I guess. I felt the same way when Peyton Manning won his first SB in '06 against the Bears. Manning's stat line was rather pedestrian and Dominic Rhodes played out of his mind, but of course Manning gets the award.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads