• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NFL 2011/2012 Discussion

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Seriously..all but like 5 teams would kill to have Romo as their QB. He has the 4th highest career QB rating. Only A-Rod, Steve Young, and Rivers have higher. He's not 'middle of the pack' he's elite by basically any metric you can use (except playoff wins blah blah it's a team game etc.) My biggest problem with him is that he doesn't (appear to) have the intensity that a team leader should.

And I will stand by my declaration that the Bears suck. I think their o/u wins started at 9 and dropped to a low of 8, which is where it ended before yesterday's game.

Also, lol @ Cleveland being 2.5 point favorites over Indy this weekend

Just goes to show that **** won't make you a superbowl champion

Last edited:

airblaster503

Reaction score

Seriously..all but like 5 teams would kill to have Romo as their QB. He has the 4th highest career QB rating. Only A-Rod, Steve Young, and Rivers have higher. He's not 'middle of the pack' he's elite by basically any metric you can use (except playoff wins blah blah it's a team game etc.) My biggest problem with him is that he doesn't (appear to) have the intensity that a team leader should.

And I will stand by my declaration that the Bears suck. I think their o/u wins started at 9 and dropped to a low of 8, which is where it ended before yesterday's game.

Also, lol @ Cleveland being 2.5 point favorites over Indy this weekend

OK stat geek, there is much more to a quarterbacks performance than a QB rating that nobody is quite sure how to figure out. The point is that he has messed up in plenty of clutch situations, that alone takes him from the elite catagory. These are mistakes you would expect out of a quarterback with only a few years under his belt in the league, this is Romo's 9th year. He just doesn't have the it factor to take that team to the next level. At this point it is a mental thing with him that he should have overcame by this point in his career, chances of him overcoming that at this point are extremely slim and I will expect the Cowboys to be looking for a new QB in the offseason. Other qb's I think you can put in that catagory, Jay Cutler and Eli Manning. Sure Manning won a Superbowl but since he has done nothing. Both him and Cutler have the same problems with turning the ball over as Romo.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Actually Romo is quite good at leading a team down the field in the last two minutes. I would know since I have honestly seen every one of his games in the NFL (really). No excuses for Sunday night, but just saying. The perception of players is largely influenced by the media and the sample bias of the moments we as fans have witnessed ourselves. He has had a couple of gaffs in big televised moments that have led to his labeling as an unclutch player. It isn't necessarily true, but he didn't help his legacy on Sunday.

fir3fox

Reaction score
Brady is the best QB EVAR...

btw, I just heard one of the MNF hosts apologize for saying some "inappropriate words earlier".

Did he curse on air? I must of missed it.

fir3fox

Reaction score
****** -- ha! That wasn't so bad, he tossed it out there pretty casually too. =)

That hit YouTube pretty quick!

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

OK stat geek, there is much more to a quarterbacks performance than a QB rating that nobody is quite sure how to figure out. The point is that he has messed up in plenty of clutch situations, that alone takes him from the elite catagory. These are mistakes you would expect out of a quarterback with only a few years under his belt in the league, this is Romo's 9th year. He just doesn't have the it factor to take that team to the next level. At this point it is a mental thing with him that he should have overcame by this point in his career, chances of him overcoming that at this point are extremely slim and I will expect the Cowboys to be looking for a new QB in the offseason. Other qb's I think you can put in that catagory, Jay Cutler and Eli Manning. Sure Manning won a Superbowl but since he has done nothing. Both him and Cutler have the same problems with turning the ball over as Romo.

To add/repeat on what MS said..Romo really isn't the choke artist everyone makes him out to be. A Cowboy follower would know that public perception does not equal reality in this case. And lol @ the Cowboys looking for a new qb this offseason. Well, at least not to compete for the starting job.

And this stat geek also thinks the most clutch( far and away) QB of this generation is one who has only won a singular SB. I'm not sure if the stats support me (but I would bet they do) and this view is really opposite of public perception.

Just goes to show that **** won't make you a superbowl champion

Only one team wins per year...and it's pretty tough for even the 'best team' to win in the NFL's bo1 playoff format.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
just came back from MNF Dolphins - Patriots. the game was nothing to write home about, but i think we set the NFL record for fights in the stands :slayer:

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And this stat geek also thinks the most clutch( far and away) QB of this generation is one who has only won a singular SB. I'm not sure if the stats support me (but I would bet they do) and this view is really opposite of public perception.

Are you talking about Manning? If so, in the regular season, I may agree, in the post season though, nope. Manning is less than .500 in the playoffs.

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are you talking about Manning? If so, in the regular season, I may agree, in the post season though, nope. Manning is less than .500 in the playoffs.

Yup. And that is exactly where my difference of opinion is apparent; I value regular season games much more than others tend to. Please nobody respond with 'well the goal of an NFL team is a SB' :violin: cuz that is silly (ignores a lot of data points) and I won't respond lol

GO OAKLAND!!(?)

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yup. And that is exactly where my difference of opinion is apparent; I value regular season games much more than others tend to. Please nobody respond with 'well the goal of an NFL team is a SB' :violin: cuz that is silly (ignores a lot of data points) and I won't respond lol

GO OAKLAND!!(?)

Any argument you could have possibly made in favor of your opinion has been invalidated by your rooting for Oakland. Sorry.

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Week one picks:

Saints +4.5
Atlanta -2.5

Titans +3
Dallas +4.5
NE -7

Week: 3-2
NO game played out close to how I expected (thought the Saint's DEF would be better than useless) but the ATL game a complete surprise.

Season: 3-2

I'm gonna try to write actual analysis instead of just the picks moving forward and hope for feedback from you guys. After week one bettors tend to get carried away with what they saw/read even though it's an extremely small sample size. So I'm gonna look for favorable odds with teams that did much better/worse than expected for example Atl, Chi, Jax, cinci, baltimore(!!), SF and possibly play the over-corrections.

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any argument you could have possibly made in favor of your opinion has been invalidated by your rooting for Oakland. Sorry.

Ha I was trying to steer the convo away from the QB talk. I don't give a **** about Oakland although McFadden is pretty fun to watch. Also, Janikowski just kicked a 63 yard fg. That's neat I guess

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads