• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF DEC 14, 2015

crooks94

Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the site so hope I'm posting this in the correct thread. I would just like to ask if anyone would know where I could buy this tie, I saw it in an interview David Tennant did on the late show recently and fell in love but can't seem to find it anywhere, any help with this would be great :)

Suntory

Reaction score
Suit Supply vs Moss Bros, which one is generally more reliable in terms of quality/price for online purchases?

colco

Reaction score
Suit Supply vs Moss Bros, which one is generally more reliable in terms of quality/price for online purchases?
I'd neve heard of Moss Brothers until I saw you bring it up in a few different places on this board. They appear to be a completely **** company geared towards people who wish to by fashion foward "skinny suits".
I own one piece from Suit Supply. Quality is good.

Suntory

Reaction score
I'd neve heard of Moss Brothers until I saw you bring it up in a few different places on this board. They appear to be a completely **** company geared towards people who wish to by fashion foward "skinny suits".
I own one piece from Suit Supply. Quality is good.
Awesome, I'll go for Suit Supply.

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

colco

Reaction score
Exactly. That's why I'm advising the poster not to generalize from a sample of one but rather to check out the thread devoted to SS.

Cheers,

Ac
Understood. I just wasn't sure having re-read it whether it seemed that I was suggesting an across the board claim of quality as I didn't intend to.

Suntory

Reaction score
Understood. I just wasn't sure having re-read it whether it seemed that I was suggesting an across the board claim of quality as I didn't intend to.
No need to please him, your message was pretty reasonable.

RyanR7

Reaction score
Questions for suits:

Athletic build: Slim suit? or Regular/Classic fit?

If I'm 5 foot 5 and 140 lbs with a good physique (not too big), can I still wear slim fit suits? or would they look weird on me?

For short men, what's better a one button suit/blazer? or two button?

If I'm ordering a slim suit, do I always have to get a slim notch lapel with it? Or can is it normal to get a regular sized notched lapel with a slim suit?

If there's anything else I need to know about suits or especially slim suits fitting short 5 foot 5 skinny yet athletic build type, please let me know!

I'm new to the thread btw so hey everyone!

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
If you read my post you’ll see that I was responding to the fact that the original poster had announced that on the basis of a single data point he was going to buy Suit Supply ('Awesome, I'll go for Suit Supply').

That’s why I used the multi-quote.

Cheers,

Ac

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Questions for suits:

Athletic build: Slim suit? or Regular/Classic fit?

If I'm 5 foot 5 and 140 lbs with a good physique (not too big), can I still wear slim fit suits? or would they look weird on me?

For short men, what's better a one button suit/blazer? or two button?

If I'm ordering a slim suit, do I always have to get a slim notch lapel with it? Or can is it normal to get a regular sized notched lapel with a slim suit?

If there's anything else I need to know about suits or especially slim suits fitting short 5 foot 5 skinny yet athletic build type, please let me know!

I'm new to the thread btw so hey everyone!

Welcome to the forum, @RyanR7 . You can go for a slimmer fitting suit or with something with a more classic cut, it just depends what you want. Two button is what I prefer and skinny lapels don't look good on any type of suit if you ask me. You don't need a wide 4" lapel or anything like that, but I wouldn't go below 2.75". Best of luck.

Suntory

Reaction score
No, I made my decision up based on surfing other forums and threads before you replied. Should I have posted my line of thought before I said "Awesome, I'll go for SS"?

This is not an email correspondence so there is no need to always end like this:

Quote:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads