1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Motorcycles

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Tck13, Mar 15, 2006.

1. BostonHedonist

BostonHedonist Well-Known Member

It was almost 60 yesterday here in Boston. I would have gone and picked up my bike from storage were it not for the fact that I washed and waxed it before putting it away, and I didn't feel like having to repeat the process again after a few hours of riding.

2. Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin Well-Known Member

I went and drooled over my friend's Duc MHe900e Mike Hailwood replica

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  3. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

I'm bummed I have to spend a ton of money on my bike this year but I got some Pilot Road 4s in yesterday. Looking forward to new tires, I'm pretty sure the tires on my bike are original to it... it's an 06 :hide:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  4. BostonHedonist

I was thinking about some new tires. I opted for that stupid tire and wheel protection plan. Maybe I should jam a screw in one...

5. nootje

nootje Well-Known Member

Weather is good enough here, low 10s (celcius).

Ordered and received today new megatons, the project continues. I hope that fixing the exhaust will remove the last bit of flat spot I had after removing the airbox and fitting pods. With two or three sizes bigger main jets, the needle moved two increments up I still had a bit of a flat spot between 6 and 8K rpm.

With a bit of luck and elbow grease I'll be riding by sunday.

6. Tck13

Tck13 Well-Known Member

I think I saw my first sportbike in philly today. I was standing in front of a gas station waiting for a bus and I heard him pull in to fill up. I wouldn't ride now either. Not until they clear the streets. A LOT of pot holes out as well.

Although, the douchebags on dirt bikes and quads are out in full force. I guess the Philly police don't try to stop them since they just cause more damage.

7. Cool The Kid

Yea Philly bike culture is really something else. I know from watching videos of that Meek Mill rapper. Been seeing a lot of bikes out down here in NC. Breaks my heart to see all the sportbikes lowered and stretched. What's the point?

Picking up my bike tonight hopefully with those PR4s

8. emptym

emptym Well-Known Member

Was it from Greater Boston Motorsports? I got one of those from them when I bought my bike. Had some buyers' remorse, but surprisingly, it easily paid for itself. Needed at least two replacements from screws and things.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  9. BostonHedonist

Riverside. Yeah I would endeavor to *make certain* it paid for itself. But I'm leaving the country for a couple of years soon. =/

10. Cool The Kid

PR4s felt weird at first but I'm really coming around to them. They feel a lot more stable and don't need as much lean to maintain speed.

11. TRINI

TRINI Well-Known Member

Buddy just got his Moto Guzzi V7 Classic delivered to my place on Saturday (I'm storing it in my parking spot for now).

Took it for a quick spin around the garage....not bad.

12. Tck13

Tck13 Well-Known Member

I thought that they went out of business? Isn't that what Billy Joel used to ride / collect?

13. Cool The Kid

Moto Guzzi is still alive and kicking

I am personally not very into them... I like the engine to be aligned with the wheels. Just looks weird the other way like Bimmer boxers.

14. TRINI

TRINI Well-Known Member

Yeah - I'm the same. Not a fan of the boxer alignment at all.

I've yet to ride it on the road but from what I hear, you do 'feel' the difference in engine alignment.

15. EgliComet

EgliComet Well-Known Member

Hmmmmm....used to collect.
    [​IMG]

16. John Doe

John Doe Well-Known Member

Anybody going to the Moto GP in Austin on the 12th? I'll be there at Ducati Island watching the race, rooting for team Ducati. Dovisioso (team Ducati) came in second behind Rossi on the season opener in Qatar three days ago.

17. Cool The Kid

That race was fucking epic. My gawd. I was screaming at the screen. No MotoGP for me this year but I might see one in Spain next year.

18. John Doe

John Doe Well-Known Member

I just found out that the forecasted weather report for that day is 70% chance of thunderstorms, F**K!!! I was planning on riding my bike there; part of the ticket is a lap on the race track. Now I may end up going in my truck. I hope the weather forecast gets better between now and then.

19. nootje

nootje Well-Known Member

First ride of the year :D

I think I've frozen my nuts off in the process, but at least I can't stop grinning:slayer:

1 person likes this.
  20. Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin Well-Known Member

Another one of those lifestyle videos with a guy doing shit that everyone thinks looks cool but no one ever does IRL. Starring the new Ducati Scrambler

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015