• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Momotaro

ErikW

Reaction score

I bought a momotaro while I was travelling overseas. I did not ask too much from the shopkeeper when buying as I have no experience of raw denim. I only discover about raw denim after researching further into the jeans I bought.

I am using waist size 36". The inseams is somewhat too long for me. So I plan to hem them 3-4 inches. But I am afraid there will be some shrinkage on the inseams after washing them. The jeans is actually indicated as sanforized. Should I assume that this jeans will not shrink after I wash them?
Nice jean! I wouldn't worry about them shrinking much. Give them 2 hot soaks and that should get all of the "shrink" out of them.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@tgun84__ mosdef hot soak, wear for a few days, then another hot soak, before hemming. If u wear your jeans w/o cuffing or stacking, hem with about an inch break for residual shrinkage allowance__ for once u actually wash them.

tgun84

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the advice. Even though this momotaro is considered sanforized, I should still account for shrinkage?

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^''Tho in varying degree/percentage, denim will shrink__ whether sanforized, partial, or not.

The thing with newer production denim lots, not much is known about [actual] shrinkage, so u got to guesstimate ... an inch longer is waaay better than an inch too short ... anyway, you can always re-hem if you really feel they're too long, a few washes down the line.

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

esoxm

Reaction score
Changing of the guard- Momotaro x context 0701 grand indigos on the left from 2011 getting replaced by new 0702 deep indigos on the far right. The middle pair is a pair of vintage label 0201 that don't have much wear on them

boned

Reaction score
Nothing like the fading on the Grand Indigos. Have the Blue Owl BOM006, they're about 1.5 years old and have been repaired once. Holes are starting to reopen in the knees, wish there was a decent replacement around in this fit!

ErikW

Reaction score
Nothing like the fading on the Grand Indigos. Have the Blue Owl BOM006, they're about 1.5 years old and have been repaired once. Holes are starting to reopen in the knees, wish there was a decent replacement around in this fit!
Those are my favorites that I have as well. They're incredible. I can't see myself buying the BOM008 18oz version though -- too heavy for Texas heat.

Bussit

Reaction score
Is it safe to say it's not worth the hassle of trying to get my jeans repaired if it's the seams that (will eventually) blow out, right?

Last edited:

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Busted seams are repairable. the work will likely be visible, if that sort of thing bothers you

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads