• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Momotaro

f***city

Reaction score
e3f8b43a.jpg

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

oye socio usamos la misma talla verdad? Pense que esas vainas no te iban a quedar,

YOU CALLIN ME FAT?!

Llevo 33 o 34, dependiendo del corte.

fit is spot on_ dunnit again, Señor Agentino!

Thank you! I was originally intending on a 34, but Jay got out the measuring tape and helped me nail it.

Last edited:

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Japan Blue: "New Skinny Straight" Coming Soon!
jb1111.JPG
The Japan Blue "Skinny Straight" fit is about to get a make over! Once Japan Blue released the tapered fit just a few months ago, they made the decision to make some adjustments on the skinny straight which will take place with the next production runs. These changes will include lowering the front rise slightly and adding a bit more taper through the legs giving a slimmer silhouette. They will finally be producing size 28 which I know many people will be excited to see available. The "New Skinny Straight" will be released in October with new model numbers being the JB0201 and 0200sp. We look forward to the new models being in store soon! Thus the "Skinny Straight" JB0101 and 0100sp have been discontinued. As of today, both have been put on sale at 10% off! Take advantage of the discounted price while your size is available. These models will not be restocked again! Japan Blue x Momotaro 14.8oz Skinny Straight Vintage Raw Selvedge Denim - Model JB0101 - Original $200, Now $180
- Japan Blue's "skinny straight" denim fit is slim in the top block, has a low rise, runs slim in the leg, and tapers from the thigh to the leg opening. This is the slimmest fit offered by either Japan Blue or Momotaro.
- 14.8oz sanforized raw selvedge denim fabric
- Rope dyed indigo
- Japan Blue custom engraved antique gold finish buttons
- Button fly
- Antique gold rivets
- Japan Blue logo stamp on interior pocket bag
- Hidden coin pocket selvedge
- White leather patch
- Red & white selvedge
- Blue interior inseam thread
- 100% cotton
- Available in sizes 29-34, 36
- Made in Japan
7992003.1b.JPG
7992002.13b.JPG

7992003.2b.JPG
7992003.3b.JPG

Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7992003 Japan Blue x Momotaro "Going to Battle" 14.8oz Skinny Straight Vintage Raw Selvedge Denim - Model 0100SP - Original $200, Now $180
- Japan Blue's "skinny straight" denim fit is slim in the top block, has a low rise, runs slim in the leg, and tapers from the thigh to the leg opening. This is currently the slimmest fit offered by either Japan Blue or Momotaro.
- 14.8oz sanforized raw selvedge denim fabric
- Rope dyed indigo
- Momotaro custom engraved brushed nickle finish buttons
- Button fly
- Momotaro copper rivets
- Hidden coin pocket selvedge
- Cowhide leather patch
- Red & white selvedge
- Pink interior inseam thread
- 100% cotton
- Available in sizes 29-34, 36
- Made in Japan
7992001.1b.JPG
7992001.15b.JPG

7992001.2b.JPG
7992001.3b.JPG

Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7992001 Also see our recent blog post: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2012/07/japan-blue-skinny-straight-fit.html

Last edited:

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
here is a fit pic (lol taken with instagram) of the going to battle japan blue tight straight fit:

been wearing them a few times week for the past couple of months or so

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like it. Such a classic silhouette.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Very nice!

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anybody have the 0702 deep indigos?  Or know of any pics out there that show their fading?

I have. Not worn that much though. 0701 is main priority.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anybody have the 0702 deep indigos?  Or know of any pics out there that show their fading?

good luck on the 702s. i don't think any1's got even 6mos solid wear cuz those only came out early this year.

in fact here's my 4mos old 702s with 2 weeks wear:***edit: NO_ they din't produce a lot w/ blue tabs... they're DIY ["Japan" tab from my PBJ 007].

Momo702 tagged W33

momo702.jpg

momo702fit.jpg

momo702Lap.jpg

.... & out goes the 701s
momoX3whiskr2.jpg

Last edited:

willrh1

Reaction score
good luck on the 702s. i don't think any1's got even 6mos solid wear cuz those only came out early this year.
in fact here's my 4mos old 702s with 2 weeks wear:***edit: NO_ they din't produce a lot w/ blue tabs... they're DIY ["Japan" tab from my PBJ 007].
Momo702 tagged W33
momo702.jpg

momo702fit.jpg

momo702Lap.jpg

.... & out goes the 701s
momoX3whiskr2.jpg

Thanks so much! Stock pics I've seen from websites have made them look nearly black, but your pics make the blue very clear. I'm really excited for these. Blueowl has a collab coming out in August with the 702 fabric in a slimmer cut that I'm going to go for.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@IIIrd - ah, I wondered if you began wearing these and posted just to have "first dibs" on evo pics ;)

Blue Owl, Blue Owl. They would create a collab that awesome. With battlestripes perhaps as well?! (ultimate combo - 400 or 200 fit w/ 702 denim and battle stripes :drool: )

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:) actually, i started wearing them when i got them 4mos ago, but like you, i'm nose deep in my other rotation pairs that i started earlier. i just wear them mostly @home so they don't stink up right away. 702s will have a proper break in with the IH 634S-B O/D once the weather cools down towards fall.

next post you'll see will be donned with a DIY monochromatic [acrylic] indigo battle stripes which i initially called "702 Mono"__ ref: the 701 GTB black stripes were "Special Ops".

Mistral can have the 1st dibs on the 702 evo ;)

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How did you blacken the stripes on your "stealth" pair of 701s? I'm debating a similar move on my new JB/Momo400sps...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads