• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Momotaro

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So, ultimately...after soak/wash/shrink whatever....0701 will be substantially tighter than 0705BIG (which wont change much at all)...safe assumption?

No, I would say that the 705 is still tighter. The 701s start out extra loose for their tag size to account for the shrinkage.

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So, ultimately...after soak/wash/shrink whatever....0701 will be substantially tighter than 0705BIG (which wont change much at all)...safe assumption?

It's kind of hard to compare a sanforized fabric with an unsanforized fabric. 0701 and 0705 are both the same cut, in general. The first one shrinks up a fair amount in length and some in the waist. The shrinkage on the sanforized pair is zero to non-existant (I had a debate with whatever123 about this and we came to the conclusion that the 0705BiG doesn't shrink).

I think it is like comparing apples and oranges (or whatever the saying is...). Both act different, because the 0701 moves in two directions, shrink and stretch, the 0705 on the other hand only stretches. Stretch on Momotaro's is minimal, so I guess it all boils down to initial measurements of both pairs, your measurements and the intended fit.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

if you're referring to the O/W version, yes__ but, the RAW version will mosdef shrink [to a degree] even if they're sanforized.

TheloniusDrunk

Reaction score

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey all, currently I'm looking at http://blueingreensoho.com/site/ind...facturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28
in size 30/31. I was wondering how much these shrink in the waist, thigh, and rise when washed, and how much they stretch after being worn? 

Does anyone have experience with N&F weird guy cuts and could compare these? I'm a noob who's thinking about making a big step up in quality. 

The shrinkage information for that model of jean is listed in red on the page that you linked to. From my experience with that denim, they will stretch back out about an inch in the waist and about 0.25" in the thigh with wear.

The Momotaro 201 fits nothing like the N&F Weird Guy, it is a much looser cut than the WG. If you want something from Momotaro that fits pretty close to the N&F WG, look at the 701, it is much more similar to the WG.

TheloniusDrunk

Reaction score
The shrinkage information for that model of jean is listed in red on the page that you linked to. From my experience with that denim, they will stretch back out about an inch in the waist and about 0.25" in the thigh with wear.
The Momotaro 201 fits nothing like the N&F Weird Guy, it is a much looser cut than the WG. If you want something from Momotaro that fits pretty close to the N&F WG, look at the 701, it is much more similar to the WG.

Thanks for the reply! If only these were available in a size 31 right now. I have a pair of 30 WG's that I'm currently trying to sell because I've come to the conclusion that they're just too tight (people have asked me if I'm wearing jeggings tight). These have an extra .75 inches pre soak, so I figure about an extra half an inch after wearing them back out. Though the 30's are the same thigh as the 31s. Decisions decisions.

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hey all, currently I'm looking at http://blueingreensoho.com/site/ind...facturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28
in size 30/31. I was wondering how much these shrink in the waist, thigh, and rise when washed, and how much they stretch after being worn? 

The 0201 is a raw unsanforized and will shrink a bit when soaked/washed, but it is a type of fabric that shrinks more up and down than left to right. Just for example, I soaked and hemmed a tag 31 model 0201 about 2 weeks ago. I took measurements pre-soak and post-soak and here are the measurements. I hope this gives you an idea of what to expect in terms of soaking. Each denim will vary when soaked, but expect similar to this. I did a 1 hour hot soak and hang dry.

Momo 0201 Tag 31 pre-soak: 32” waist, 11.25” rise, 12” thigh, 9” knee, 39.5” inseam, 8.5” leg opening
Momo 0201 Tag 31 post-soak: 31.9” waist, 10.95” rise, 11.8” thigh, 8.75” knee, 38” inseam, 8.25” leg opening

Our stock is running low on the 0201 and we are waiting on the next production run which is about 5-6 weeks out. If we have your size now, great. If not, try to be patient a bit. Let me know if you have further questions.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anyone have experience with N&F weird guy cuts and could compare these? I'm a noob who's thinking about making a big step up in quality. 

actually, 701 is slim straight & not as tapered as WG__ 705 model is a much similar cut.

Last edited:

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

actually, 701 is slim straight & not as tapered as WG__ 705 model is a much similar cut.

Both 0701 and 0705 don't compare to WG cut, in my opinion. 0701 and 0705 are much alike. In fact, at first glance they look the same. Both feature a minimal taper. I would say a 0201 would be more towards WG, but with a roomier leg. If you're able to size it right, it can be a slim fitting jean.

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You are right in that the 701 is nowhere near as tapered as the WG, but the 705 is actually less tapered than the 701.

Both 0701 and 0705 don't compare to WG cut, in my opinion. 0701 and 0705 are much alike. In fact, at first glance they look the same. Both feature a minimal taper. I would say a 0201 would be more towards WG, but with a roomier leg. If you're able to size it right, it can be a slim fitting jean.

I agree with you that the 201 is more tapered than the 701 and 705, but from my experience with it, it just way too loose by comparison for me to consider it to be a comparable fit to the WG at all.

I think all three of us will agree that Momotaro doesn't make anything that is really close to the WG in fit.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yup! Momo has nothing like WG 'cept for the NF x Momo & ONI collabs__ w/c btw i tried [both] since they were on sale @Barney's, but still couldn't bring myself to shell out the $150 something as the rise was way too low for my taste.

edit: i should say the combination of rise+tapered hem+back pocket placement = not to my taste

Last edited:

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I think all three of us will agree that Momotaro doesn't make anything that is really close to the WG in fit.

That will change come April :)

New Japan Blue release coming soon.

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You are right in that the 701 is nowhere near as tapered as the WG, but the 705 is actually less tapered than the 701.
I agree with you that the 201 is more tapered than the 701 and 705, but from my experience with it, it just way too loose by comparison for me to consider it to be a comparable fit to the WG at all.
I think all three of us will agree that Momotaro doesn't make anything that is really close to the WG in fit[./b]

True, but I didn't state the 0201 compares to the WG cut... But it comes closer than anything else Momotaro offers (fitwise). Only the 0201 is much roomier.

yup! Momo has nothing like WG 'cept for the NF x Momo & ONI collabs__ w/c btw i tried [both] since they were on sale @Barney's, but still couldn't bring myself to shell out the $150 something as the rise was way too low for my taste.
edit: i should say the combination of rise+tapered hem+back pocket placement = not to my taste

Though I love both N&F offerings on the Momo-collabs, I just can't justify the money for them. The real deal is just a tad more expensive and get's you genuine Momo denim and details.

I heard you copped Theganjalife's 0702's btw. How do you think about them? :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads