• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

browniecj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok,here is one for the Originals.Can you remember Girls wearing a kind of shiny,Cyclist Style Jacket(in either Black,Blue or White)Nylon Jacket.I know my Sister had one(they came out about the time of the Short, Checked Skirts).I have looked for Pictures-but cannot find any.They looked cute in them.:)

Ed Vaughan

Reaction score

Ok,here is one for the Originals.Can you remember Girls wearing a kind of shiny,Cyclist Style Jacket(in either Black,Blue or White)Nylon Jacket.I know my Sister had one(they came out about the time of the Short, Checked Skirts).I have looked for Pictures-but cannot find any.They looked cute in them.:)
Yep, late spring/early summer, 1969 up here.

I was in love (awww...) with a couple of girls (older than me) with feathered hair, who wore them. :embar:

Sort of 'wet-look', waist-length, red or blue, short collars and zip-fastening, probably nylon(!!!)... thanks for the memory. :satisfied:

Think Julie Driscoll. :)

I have a spare 10 minutes - which probably means I'll be on for an hour - so I'll search for an image. :D

Okay: lose the waistband and cuffs... and the white zip and contrasting pockets, think short-waisted... and I reckon we're nearly there - no?

I could see Little Queenie in one. :nodding:

jkt.jpg

Last edited:

Epstein

Reaction score
anyone know where i can find a good MA-1 Flight jacket that isnt really puffy etc.

Any good recommendations for Donkey jackets as well?

Aces and Eights

Reaction score
anyone know where i can find a good MA-1 Flight jacket that isnt really puffy etc.

Any good recommendations for Donkey jackets as well?

I have bought Surveyors donkey coats from here in the last few years and were pleased with them. You are probably looking for the pvc outside on the shoulders

Ben Nevis Clothing

Address Ben Nevis Clothing
237 Royal College Street
NW1 9LT London
United Kingdom
Phone 020 7485 9989
Fax 020 7916 2324
Contact person Ben Nevis Clothing
E-mail [email protected]
Harrington Jackets. Donkey Jackets. Monkey Jackets. Country Wear.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score

MA-1 make sure you get an Alpha. besides the overall quality being better than the "repros" they arent as puffy. i mean it's a bomber so it's always going to be kinda puffy, but the Alpha ones are less so than the cheaper knockoffs which will ALL make you look like the staypuff marshmallow man

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score

Great find Ed.

I'm diggin the monkey jacket and cricket style jumper. (i think there is a George Mcfly in that photo ;)

the fellow in front sitting on left has a very interesting jacket. at first i thought it was a cardigan, but it drapes and fits more like a sportjacket (and has a breast patch pocket) but it has no lapels. Looks completely unstructured like a sweater, but to my eyes looks like it is indeed a jacket.

Epstein

Reaction score
MA-1 make sure you get an Alpha. besides the overall quality being better than the "repros" they arent as puffy. i mean it's a bomber so it's always going to be kinda puffy, but the Alpha ones are less so than the cheaper knockoffs which will ALL make you look like the staypuff marshmallow man
yeah i knew id have to cave to alpha which is fine

am i the only one that thinks the lionsdale stuff is lame?

im more of a FP button up guy with polos sometime

also my FP harrington jacket is my go to now. love it

Little Queenie

Reaction score

Yep, late spring/early summer, 1969 up here.
I was in love (awww...) with a couple of girls (older than me) with feathered hair, who wore them. :embar:
Sort of 'wet-look', waist-length, red or blue, short collars and zip-fastening, probably nylon(!!!)... thanks for the memory. :satisfied:
Think Julie Driscoll. :)
I have a spare 10 minutes - which probably means I'll be on for an hour - so I'll search for an image. :D
Okay: lose the waistband and cuffs... and the white zip and contrasting pockets, think short-waisted... and I reckon we're nearly there - no?
I could see Little Queenie in one. :nodding:

Can't say I've seen one of those, Ed.

harrysgame

Reaction score

I see we all studiously ignored this one :D
I think this thread has said all it's going to say about Slade! I couldn't resist repeating, though, that I bumped into them at Goldsmiths in New Cross and (ahem) forcefully pointed out where they had mugged the style...
And I promise that's the last time I'll mention it. :D

Interesting point that Noddy Holder states in that clip that Skinheads started out in the midlands and not London. Must say its not the first time i have heard that. :confused:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads