• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Sirryacus

Reaction score
Hmmm, this sheepie i got does come from a maker in Bath, don't spose they're a bit queer from round there?? I took the coat to the folks I did my tailor's apprenticeship with when I were a lad and they said it is definitely a male cut so who knows?? Still got me bloody paranoid though...

Did they do measurements? Obviously a Men's Large is going to be bigger than a Woman's Large and so on.

Aces and Eights

Reaction score
The M&S Brogue ain't too bad for a cheap brogue. I mean, they are not "great" by any reckoning, but i have seen much, much worse out there for the price.......(*expects to get slaughtered by the purists!!!*)
http://www.marksandspencer.com/Airf...031&pf_rd_p=215570647&pf_rd_s=related-items-3

Hi the shoes look ok until you see the rubber soles. In my opinion M&S clothing and shoes are not the quality they were years ago. I do not know where you are based but I purchase my Loake Royals from http://www.discount-shoe-sales.com/index.html

They are in Victoria London and are only open 9.30 to 5 pm Mon to Fri. They carry a great range and many of the original quality styles. I paid just under £100 for a pair black Royals that are around £150 on the Loake web site. Its worth paying the extra money for decent leather soled shoes – they look and feel better.

buttons

Reaction score

Did they do measurements? Obviously a Men's Large is going to be bigger than a Woman's Large and so on.

I think you'll find sheepskins come in various cuts.
Womens ones are sometimes meant as overcoats and therefore less fitted (and would appear more like a blokes' cut).
Other times they're meant as a fitted jacket, so will have a womanly shape.

An original skinhead mate of mine, so desperate for a sheepskin, once wore his mother's, hoping no-one would notice. Let's just say he never wore it a second time!

(Right Hand) Buttons

By the way, Bunty - thanks for posting that link - very good.

Sirryacus

Reaction score
I've often found that a lot of older garments like that are very ambiguous and do not feature the classic right hand/left hand buttons identifier and I still can't wrap my head around a sheepskin jacket.

Is it something like this? from the tv series mccloud?

browniecj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've often found that a lot of older garments like that are very ambiguous and do not feature the classic right hand/left hand buttons identifier and I still can't wrap my head around a sheepskin jacket.

Around `71/`72 a Long-Haired Sheepskin Coat appeared(looking similar to this-but longer).I think you would definitely know Females` Sheepskin.

soundsnpressure

Reaction score

Not quite :)

I like this shot

Basset

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to whack pics up, tried copying the image code from p/bucket dont seem to work, as you can tell im a div when it comes to pc's

Last edited:

Basset

Reaction score
Right think ive sussed it, some pics of Kelvin sound bloke, still knocking about on scoots,
mod rally 65

66 down the never i think

he's not sure on the date of these probably 68/69

away day torquay 68

holiday abroad 71

spoke to him last nite he's gonna try and dig some more out

circustavern777

Reaction score
aces what a find that shoe shop i will be up there asap they didnt have prices on there site but by what you said theres a good saving i reckon the brouges on the samual windsor site are better than them ms ones i got a pair of there country brouges as they call them and a pair of suede chealsea boots for £90 the pair

albion

Reaction score

Hi the shoes look ok until you see the rubber soles. In my opinion M&S clothing and shoes are not the quality they were years ago. I do not know where you are based but I purchase my Loake Royals from [COLOR=FF0000][COLOR=0000FF]http://www.discount-shoe-sales.com/index.html[/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=000000]They are in Victoria London and are only open 9.30 to 5 pm Mon to Fri. They carry a great range and many of the original quality styles. I paid just under £100 for a pair black Royals that are around £150 on the Loake web site. Its worth paying the extra money for decent leather soled shoes – they look and feel better.[/COLOR]

Aye, true. Not saying they are a great shoe at all, yep those soles are dreadful, but for the price.
I live down under, about 80 or so miles south of Sydney and it's bloody difficult to find decent clobber
in the shops, so i do most of my clothes and shoes shopping online. Bought a great pair of
Allen Edmonds off ebay for around $80!. Well pleased with them.

Jam74

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum and surprised to find a skinhead thread. I was a skin also in late 80's to mid 90's. I was a die-hard Oi/punk fan , Blitz, Business, Partisans etc. I was the 14 hole Dm, oi! t-ishirt, and bomber jacket type skin :) I hung out in NYC, went to Oxblood and Templers gigs. I saw The Business at their first US show in 94.
Anyway, I joined this forum as Im looking to update my wardrobe. My personal style of the last 15+ years has been jeans, t-shirts, and black slacks and button up dress shirt to wear to my 9-5 desk job. Though I recently started wearing Fred Perry again.

I still love 77 punk and early 80's UK Oi!. I really lost interest in American Oi! though. The Press was good, though the singer is a weirdo (satanic commie skin?? lol) I've been a huge Paul Weller fan the past 8 years and been to every NY gig since then. I didnt listen to much soul as a teenage skin, but I love it now. I also learned about bands like Small Faces from being into Weller.

One thing about being a skin back then is that although I dont have a "style" per se, I have always had an affinity for tailored , neat looks. I think although I may not look like a skin anymore, I think there are subtle clues that I notice in my dress. I always have a short haircut, #2 on the sides. check button ups, etc. Just the idea of being well fitted comes from my background as a skin, and being interested in mod, rudeboy, UK culture, etc

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads