• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly, maybe even these Trickers boot

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They’re very cartoonish. Imagine wearing them with a Brutus nightmare tartan shirt, like some kind of mutant McDonalds skin.

user12345

Reaction score
New ammo boots on that site with the yank boots too, might be worth a shot sometime, shape might be a little diff when laced up
British-Army-Black-WW2-Ammo-Boots-Kay-120218-1.JPG

Havent personally seen this either

tumblr_oq9rfhlzpS1v3ksa3o1_1280.jpg

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
First time posting. I've been following this thread for years. Love it.

I was wondering if you guys have any advice on boots that have the look that don't have the airwair sole. I already have a pair of solovairs for that. Maybe something with a goodyear welted leather sole? I'll be 40 this year and just want something more my age. I teach colleges in Japan and don't want to wear docs because a lot of my students wear them. I'll usually wear my Solovairs to class when it snows or rains.

Thanks

You might consider White’s, either their bounty hunters, smoke jumpers, or classic work boots. They are actually quite popular in Japan (US company with Japanese owner I think). There’s a White’s thread here on SF: https://www.styleforum.net/threads/custom-whites-boots-thoughts.219173/

Last edited:

user12345

Reaction score
Can anyone remember when wrangler stopped using the blue bell logo? Because while this jacket has the 127mj cut it has the logo like my cord wrangler from the 60's which is rather confusing, and someone on this forum mentioned one of there mates had a similar jacket. perhaps some things were different in Europe rather than the US? i don't think that would be so far fetched.

Can only remember one lad round my way who had the denim Wrangler jacket with the Ws on the pocket flaps - must have been late 69 or early 70. Not much evidence to fill in the gaps I'm afraid, Buttons.

il_570xN.1308343384_q5sk.jpg

il_570xN.1308343222_r30j.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads