• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Messenger Bag For School Use

Joz

Reaction score
vaja_messenger_bag_15_wide.jpg

What do you think of this one?
eh.gif

insOma

Reaction score
The bags from Saddleback Leather look really awesome, although they're not cheap. I'm trying to talk myself out of splurging for the larger bag in a few months, although the more I look at them the more I think I might lose that fight.

africandesert.jpg

messengerbag.jpg

WhoKnewI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the saddleback bags are great, but they are heavy. I would suggest something lighter. I have a Krane walter brief and on certain days when I feel it's too heavy, I use the nylon workbag I bought from banana republic.

mikeman

Reaction score
I ordered a Filson carry on,that I plan to use for school.should work well.Ill update when I actually get it.

chowchow

Reaction score
Originally Posted by somecallmebj
Here are the pics of the Scaramanga bag, sorry for being a bit tardy on posting them:

1.jpg

1_.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

this is really awesome!
i am about to pull the trigger on one of their bags
any review of the price:quality?

mistewacko

Reaction score
Originally Posted by WhoKnewI
the saddleback bags are great, but they are heavy. I would suggest something lighter. I have a Krane walter brief and on certain days when I feel it's too heavy, I use the nylon workbag I bought from banana republic.

I agree...excellent and durable workmanship but it is heavy.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I carry a plain black North Face messenger. It's not exactly what I'd call aesthetically stimulating, but it's minimal enough to be versatile, carries a lot, and I don't feel bad about it taking a beating. Some of the funkier-looking bags wouldn't work as well for stuff like summer internships in more formal offices.

chowchow

Reaction score
pictures of my new messenger purchased from scaramanga

Image030.jpg

Image033.jpg

Image034.jpg

Close up of leather
Image035.jpg

not really top notch but i got wt i paid for (IMO)

honest opinions welcome!

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jessetk313
Sorry to bump an old thread but has anyone ever dealt with this company http://www.billygoatdesigns.com.au/ ?

I like the design of their bags and they are super cheap but then again i guess you get what you pay for and they may not be that durable.

You do get what you pay for. Goatskin is good stuff but like anything else the good hides cost money. What worries me more about these bags is what type of thread do they use, how is it stitched, are the stress points reinforced, how many pieces of leather make up the bag etc.

If you want serious leather bags buy something from Saddleback Leather. The guy who owns the place does it right. I consider Saddleback to be the Filson of leather goods. Built like a tank, purpose driven, outstanding warranty and customer service without a BS designer label or price tag.

BTW I don't sell Saddleback's stuff so I don't have a pony in this show. I just own some of it and I'm still trying to figure out what it will take to destroy it. My guess is a few decades worth of rain mud snow and slop might do it but I doubt it.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't really doubt you, but Saddleback really burned its credibility with all of their astroturfing.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
leather bags are ******* heavy. IMO get a ballistic nylon bag. I use a manhattan portage 'cornell' bag most of the time. was cheap, and when my original one developed a tear on the strap, they sent me a new one np.

dibadiba

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I never really pass up a chance to post up my bag haha I used this for school for over a year. I unfortunately made it a bit too big, but it's nice to be able to carry every single binder, textbook, and accessory I might need on that dreadful first day back at school.
HDRbag.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads