• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE

TheloniusDrunk

Reaction score
The turnaround is 3-4 weeks. For peacoat orders placed on or before November 29th, delivery will be before Christmas.

All styling including number of buttons can be added as desired.

Have added style name to the images for easier reference.

Thanks for the quick response as always! Do you happen to have any photos of any peacoat done in the Dudgale Grey Herringbone? I'd love to see how that looks in a finished peacoat.

AAJJLLPP

Reaction score
IMO it looks a little big. Specifically the sleeves are quite long, and I think the torso could be a little slimmer. But what bothers me more is that it looks like it has four buttons, or is it just odd lighting that is hiding the other buttons?

moldier

Reaction score
Yeah, that button fell off(vintage!)
The sleeve length isn't too bad too me, but I wouldnt mind it having a slimmer torso and sleeve width.

My main problem is the shoulder width. Without a sweater or layers the seam lays just over the shoulder on the arm, but the padding levels it out past the shoulder.

I'm probably going to order a 36 and sell whichever fits me worse, I just want to make sure it's not just my impression

Last edited:

jcard

Reaction score

Hope this one is better
Here's another any help is great

ppith

Reaction score
I have searched this thread for other folks who are a similar height and weight while I was shopping for a Sterlingwear Navigator peacoat in a navy color. Based on their website measurement charts, I ordered a 36S. I'm 5'3 and 130 lbs, pit to first knuckle of thumb measures 17 inches, chest is 35 inches. I wear a 36S for my blazer jackets. I live in Glendale, Arizona so it doesn't get that cold here. There is room for layering, but it isn't needed. The coat falls just over my bottom and the arm length is perfect even with my arms raised. This coat will be great at night in November and as a day/night coat December through February. I normally wear a scarf, dress shirt, cashmere sweater, and a camel hair blazer in the winter months. I'm planning to mix it up with only a dress shirt and this jacket due to its warmth. I'll have to see if I can live without a scarf with the collar flipped up. Here are some photos. Thanks for everyone who has posted their measurements in the past. I think it really helped me figure out my sizing. Sterlingwear was also helpful when I spoke with them over the phone. I thought the coat was going to be back ordered until December, but I called them a few days after I ordered and they gave me the tracking number over the phone. I think they are slammed this time of year and didn't get a chance to e-mail it to me once it shipped.

Terpo

Reaction score
Luxire, any advice on getting the measurements for the peacoat right? I currently don't own a peacoat or similar coat that I can take measurements from. I only have shirt measurements for fitting Luxire shirts and am a bit skeptical of using body measurements.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Luxire, any advice on getting the measurements for the peacoat right? I currently don't own a peacoat or similar coat that I can take measurements from. I only have shirt measurements for fitting Luxire shirts and am a bit skeptical of using body measurements.
Use body measurements and add the following to it:

Chest, waist, bottom: + 8.00 inches to full/rounded measurement. +4.00" to half/flat measurement
Biceps: + 8.00 inches to full/rounded measurement. +4.00" to half/flat measurement
Cuffs: + 6.00 inches to full/rounded measurement. +3.00" to half/flat measurement

Yoke will be measured same way as the shirts. Adding 1.0" to may be a good idea for some more movement of the arms.
Sleeves should end about an inch below the cuff joint. Measure about an inch smaller than shirt sleeves.

Will try and explain the way to go about it. (All numbers are in inches)

Talking about the chest:
Suppose, the body measurement for the chest is 42.00
The flat/half coat measurement for a skin tight fit will be 22.00 (44.00), taking into account the thickness of the fabric and lining etc.

Now, we do not want a skin tight peacoat. We need to add room for the shirt, the sweater or jumper or any other clothing we may be layering inside.
We also need some more room inside so that there may be some amount of air circulation and we do not feel suffocated or are not uncomfortable wearing the coat walking out from a restaurant after a heavy meal.

If you need to err, err my making it bigger, not smaller.
-------------------------------

Requesting all happy peacoat wearing members to add their thoughts on this to make the measuring system more reliable so that a standard can evolve.

Last edited:

Terpo

Reaction score
Thanks, Luxire. Is yoke the same measurement as for shirts then or does something need to be added? And how would you compare coat sleeve length to shirts?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks, Luxire. Is yoke the same measurement as for shirts then or does something need to be added? And how would you compare coat sleeve length to shirts?

Updated my post above.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member