• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bertel

Reaction score
^ Very nice shoes @theinsomniac ! Especially the Snuff Rapello is a great colour.

I see you mentioning a wide range of lasts for further purchases and would ask you to be careful here - there's a looong way to go from NEW REY to RUI... I for instance have a rather narrow foot with an even more narrow heel, and can say the PARK and the OLFE fit me excellently, the HIRO is good although a bit narrow in the front but a bit too wide in the ankle and heel area (still very wearable), while the RON (loafer last) is too narrow in the toe area and too wide in ankle and heel. RUI is even wider, can't make that fit for me. NEW REY, on the other hand (and even more so VIL, luckily haven't seen that for a while) were too narrow all the way from toes to instep.

Your Suedes are on the HIRO, right? If so, try the OLFE with confidence, but have an eye on how the different widths and shapes of the other lasts you mentioned may fit your feet in terms of width and instep. If the RUI fits you best, you won't even be able to get into the NEW REY, and vice versa will feel a bit lost in the RUI if the HIRO feels rather wide.

Last edited:

Meermin

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi everybody!

Have you checked out our new MTO Group system?

A whole new system, created to offer you a wide range of possibilities. Crowdsourced & made to order for you!
New styles added 3-4 times a month in order to widen up the selection, to offer you the shoe you are looking for.

Your are the one who decides what goes into production!

Check the styles that are currently funding here: -------> MTO Groups

You can find all the useful information here: ------> MTO Info

We hope you like it!

- The Meermin Team -

Some examples are the full brogue shortwing derby boot #101504 in Antique Light brown calf & our #101477 Balmoral boot in Black calf/pebble grain combo.

- Meermin Mallorca Shoes -

If you need any further information or assistance please contact us at: [email protected]
If you have any question related to our MTO Groups please contact us at: [email protected]

Facebook · Instagram · Tumblr · Twitter · Pinterest

Last edited:

cciss

Reaction score
I've purchased two pairs of shoes from Meermin and both of them suffered from issues of 'squeakiness'. I'm getting around the point of getting a new pair and considered Meermin again - has this issue been resolved? Has it ever been a problem on MTO shoes?

table21

Reaction score
I am pretty much ordering every pair of boots meermin has right now with rubber soles. I wish they had some better cordovan options though.

I would kill for a set of these with full rubber soles right now.

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why don't you try proposing it to them as a GMTO to LM specs. Would be nice to see how it works or if they just arbitrarily choose designs they want to sell.

Last edited:

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe but given the apparent shortages of Shell wouldn't surprise me if they cut back the options for standard lines of it, might also feed into the streamlining of their production which I would guess was one of the reasons why the single MTO was culled. Maybe we will only see shell pop up in GMTOs going forward. Like you just speculating though.

Last edited:

theinsomniac

Reaction score
^ Very nice shoes @theinsomniac ! Especially the Snuff Rapello is a great colour.

I see you mentioning a wide range of lasts for further purchases and would ask you to be careful here - there's a looong way to go from NEW REY to RUI... I for instance have a rather narrow foot with an even more narrow heel, and can say the PARK and the OLFE fit me excellently, the HIRO is good although a bit narrow in the front but a bit too wide in the ankle and heel area (still very wearable), while the RON (loafer last) is too narrow in the toe area and too wide in ankle and heel. RUI is even wider, can't make that fit for me. NEW REY, on the other hand (and even more so VIL, luckily haven't seen that for a while) were too narrow all the way from toes to instep.

Your Suedes are on the HIRO, right? If so, try the OLFE with confidence, but have an eye on how the different widths and shapes of the other lasts you mentioned may fit your feet in terms of width and instep. If the RUI fits you best, you won't even be able to get into the NEW REY, and vice versa will feel a bit lost in the RUI if the HIRO feels rather wide.

I see what you mean. Every bit of fit adjust for the lasts is appreciated for new buyers like me! And yep, the pair I have currently are on the HIRO and they feel snug and just right with socks on, so I'm quite confident the OLFE should be alright. The in-step doesn't close part completely yet, but isn't bursting either. I wish they had those Linea Maestro Adelaide Brogues in the OLFE.

Plus the RUI I'm interested is a boot, which is what Meermin seem to make most of their boots on, so I think it should be alright, considering the HIRO doesn't feel wide for me. My feet are small, but otherwise pretty standard proportion wise.

The RON last is the one I'm scratching my head over in terms of sizing as I intend to wear it without socks, but have no experiences with loafers what-so-ever. Although I'm seeing suggestions on sizing down 1/2 a size from one's usual size.

Quote:

I agree, those look fantastic. The punched toecap is a nice detail but not too much.

iamshiwei

Reaction score
I will report on my loafer once I receive it. I sized down by half.

Does any one have any experience with the black freudenburg black belt? Is it any good?
Am thinking of getting it from Meermin. Either that or from equus

Jeroen Vriend

Reaction score
^ My Olfe and Hiro are the same size as my Ron loafers.

I will report on my loafer once I receive it. I sized down by half.

Does any one have any experience with the black freudenburg black belt? Is it any good?
Ron last is narrower at the front. I think sizing down is not a good choice.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If no one has purchased the black freudenburg the poster on the last page who got the brown museum belt might share some impressions as both are built of their 'LM' equivalent belt range so youll get an idea of quality etc.

Bertel

Reaction score
I own two RON loafers, one in the same size as my HIRO - this one is a tad narrow in the toe box but too wide in ankle and heel area, so no good fit. The other one I sized down .5 , it is too short and uncomfortable in the toe box, soe again no good fit.

That's what I meant above, I'm not a fan of sizing up or down to compensate for non-ideal lasts in relation to one's specific foot shape, but rather choose a different last (e.g. UETAM by Carmina for loafers, in my case)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads