• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Calikid

Reaction score
Here you go:

First impressions: they look great out of the box with none of the finishing issues mentioned by Orgetorix. Fit feels pretty true to size as well, but maybe a little bigger/wider than a normal 12D U.S. One question, however, for others purchasing Meermin shell: was your shell pretty dry when it arrived? I wore these for a few minutes and then took a horsehair brush to one of the shoes and it made the shoe look cloudy and seemed to take finish/polish off. The picture above is after one application of Renovateur this morning, which definitely improved the appearance, but it seems like the shoe needs more. Have any of you found that you need to add multiple applications of Renovateur or another product on the Meermin shell immediately after purchase?
I have the Plain toe bluchers in the burgundy shell and yes, you are going to have to apply multiple applications of Renovateur as you wear them. I notice that as I wear them the creases don't wrinkle as much as Horween shell but do appear drier (?). I can post some pics if you like. But after a few wearings I notice i apply lighter and lighter amounts of Renovateur and do more brushing. But I have to say after a couple of months and maybe a dozen wearings these are my most comfortable shoes I now own.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the Plain toe bluchers in the burgundy shell and yes, you are going to have to apply multiple applications of Renovateur as you wear them. I notice that as I wear them the creases don't wrinkle as much as Horween shell but do appear drier (?). I can post some pics if you like. But after a few wearings I notice i apply lighter and lighter amounts of Renovateur and do more brushing. But I have to say after a couple of months and maybe a dozen wearings these are my most comfortable shoes I now own.
Completely agree on how comfortable they are. Also think you are right regarding how dry the Meermin shell is. Below is a picture after one wearing and a second application of Renovateur. Took care of all the rough patches where it looked like the finish was coming off. Now to get working on a shine like above.

Last edited:

MarioImpemba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At 12 weeks and no updates yet. Shot an email out to Pepe last week, but no word. My patience is about as good as a 5 year-olds
shog[1].gif

kwhunter

Reaction score
Is Meermin still taking orders?
Shot them an email through theyr contact page last week, no word yet. Shot one over the weekend, no word as yet.
After reading the revues here I'm not sure I would risk buying some crappy shoes; forr a little extra there is Carmina.

Needsmoreshoes

Reaction score
As far as I'm aware yes - drop them another one.

There does seem to be some finishing issues with a few pairs (Particularly the shell) but I would have to say that I'm more than happy with my pair (Suede double monks) and if you don't want to drop the extra cash on Carmina I'd have to call Meermin a perfectly good choice. I had to return my pair for being too small and they sent me a new one in 3 weeks so if there is an issue with any pair the service behind the company is pretty solid. Though I would say they need an online ordering service to make it easier for buyers and indeed themselves.

robgaines

Reaction score
I just ordered two pair of double monks from Meermin that don't fit, but when I went to FedEx to return them, I was quoted $225 in return shipping costs. How did you manage to return yours for so cheap?

kwhunter

Reaction score
I just ordered two pair of double monks from Meermin that don't fit, but when I went to FedEx to return them, I was quoted $225 in return shipping costs. How did you manage to return yours for so cheap?
What size, and what leather/colour?!

joiji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's interesting to note that all the cordovan complaints are on the burgundy shell. Do we have anyone who would care to comment on the other colours? I know Calikid has some of the cuero?

Estryl

Reaction score
Just ordered my first pair of Double Monks in light brown rapello suede.
I'm as excited as a little kid on christmas morning
nod[1].gif

Are they MTO?
I was thinking of ordering the Classic Collection Suede Double Monks in 10.5 and 11, maybe even add a pair of shoes on the Olfe last while I'm at it to get the size and fit right, then send them back and get them MTO with leather soles, steel caps and LM finishing.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

USPS Priority would be $50 a pair or so probably.

I'm not getting anything from Pepe over the last few weeks, gonna try meermin contact to see what's going on

d0h15

Reaction score

Are they MTO?
I was thinking of ordering the Classic Collection Suede Double Monks in 10.5 and 11, maybe even add a pair of shoes on the Olfe last while I'm at it to get the size and fit right, then send them back and get them MTO with leather soles, steel caps and LM finishing.

No they are not MTO. I sent Sandro a mail a while ago asking how much it would cost to have the monks in the Hiro last in light brown suede and he told me that they just started the production of that shoe-color-combination and I can preorder it. So I went for it :slayer:

Estryl

Reaction score
No they are not MTO. I sent Sandro a mail a while ago asking how much it would cost to have the monks in the Hiro last in light brown suede and he told me that they just started the production of that shoe-color-combination and I can preorder it. So I went for it
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Nice!!
fing02[1].gif

But they still have the rubber soles, right?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads