• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Needsmoreshoes

Reaction score
Well I'm the dub monks on the hiro last. I ordered a 10.5 and thought I'd better check with him and was recommended a 9.5 so I just thought I'd run with it and they're pretty tight so I'll need a size up - nice shoes though.

Lots of people said his advice was perfect and only for a few was he wrong so maybe size up from his advice instead of ignoring it completely. Must be one heck of a spacious last.

Also many thanks for the email - scuffed them really badly so I'm going to have to nail the cleaning job before I send them back

Edit: turns out it was Jose, not Pepe I dealt with for the size, is Jose just [email protected] too?

Last edited:

JBMarce21

Reaction score
Post pics of what they sent you and of course what your having made !

I am having this exact shoe made, but on the olfe. dark brown cordovan, initials in nails on the waist, overall BAMF status.

JBMarce21

Reaction score
Got my Meermin shoes today. Fits and looks great, but the leather is REALLY stiff.
Very pleased and eager to see how they hold up over time.

http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1967

SUPER stiff. Takes a solid half dozen wears before they are even halfway to breaking in, I am still breaking in my tassel loafers from almost a month ago. I think this is a good sign, except for my black single monks on the Ama, which has too much room in the heel for me. In fact, I'll be posting them for sale if any1 is interested!

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

short excursus: I have a personal philosophy. there's one way to do a thing right. this is the receipe, plan, user manual etc., etc. this is the point of departure.
from there you can make it outstanding or really bad. it costs the same amount of time and effort.
recently a producer asked me about my opinion of his product. nothing special but it fittet into his target group and afaik he succeeds. what we've done was to talk about the basic conditions and the product was congruent.

I find honest opinions and reviews useful.. Too bad you won't be ordering a pair, but understandable. I still enjoy reading your advice.

JBMarce21

Reaction score

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I went to the Meermin store in Aoyama today, lots of interesting little bits here and there -

a) the store was 'nice' in an Aoyama, Tokyo kind of way, but the merchandise itself was just here, there, and everywhere. The feature wall when walking in were a bunch of samples and cheap shoes not shown on the website. A lot of them were pretty puke-worthy but that's what Japanese salarymen of a certain level like, too.
b) lots of colorful cheap suede shoes for men and women. Not Meermin imprint, something else... which brings me to another point:
c) there were a ton of imprints, I think I counted at least 5 or 6 imprint brands along the lines of "xxxxx by Meermin" - some were good, some were tacky, again, some were cheap suede shoes (like <$80 things)
d) One wall had 'Carmina for Meermin' - so I guess these were Carmina-make, Carmina lasted shoes. They were really nice. Didn't have any designs I liked much though, and they were too expensive for what I'd spend there - but still far cheaper than what you can normally find in Tokyo for that quality. The imprints had both logos in full size.
e) I think I saw a few pairs of the regular line, but again, so many alternate imprints and stuff that they were all mixed together, away from the Linea Maestros - so the cheap ones just left me with the impression of various strikes against them, didn't like what I saw there so I left those be.

f) Linea Maestro were nice. Not really a fan of any of the stock makes though. Norwegian welt was impressive, not my thing though. They had the Adelaide style in brown on the Vil last (you can see it on the last chart) and I tried it on in 8, fit perfectly actually. I just don't want to wear a last that pointy. It was just very extreme. I tried on New Rey in 7.5UK and it was too small, maybe by a quarter size. For reference, C+J in 7.5UK is too big on me, maybe by a quarter to half size or so, so the size differential is definitely at least a half a size, if not closer to a full size on the New Rey vs C+J 348 around that size point, I think. In other words, I'd be tempted to roll the dice and size up a full size to 8.5UK to match the C+J 7.5UK on #348. New Rey is attractive enough as a last, though.

Overall though, the brick and mortar store was very different than I expected I guess, didn't expect to see all the cheap stuff and samples on the floor like that. I'm definitely going to MTO some Linea Maestros though, I'd really like an Adelaide in the tan shell, New Rey last.

Last edited:

Zarium

Reaction score
f) Linea Maestro were nice. Not really a fan of any of the stock makes though. Norwegian welt was impressive, not my thing though. They had the Adelaide style in brown on the Vil last (you can see it on the last chart) and I tried it on in 8, fit perfectly actually. I just don't want to wear a last that pointy. It was just very extreme. I tried on New Rey in 7.5UK and it was too small, maybe by a quarter size. For reference, C+J in 7.5UK is too big on me, maybe by a quarter to half size or so, so the size differential is definitely at least a half a size, if not closer to a full size on the New Rey vs C+J 348 around that size point, I think. In other words, I'd be tempted to roll the dice and size up a full size to 8.5UK to match the C+J 7.5UK on #348. New Rey is attractive enough as a last, though.
Overall though, the brick and mortar store was very different than I expected I guess, didn't expect to see all the cheap stuff and samples on the floor like that. I'm definitely going to MTO some Linea Maestros though, I'd really like an Adelaide in the tan shell, New Rey last.

This is very helpful. I wear a 6.5 in Ama and was worried that 7 would be too big for me in New Rey (the dark brown Adelaide oxfords in particular). Based on your observation I think I would be a 7 in New Rey.

Engi

Reaction score

I am having this exact shoe made, but on the olfe. dark brown cordovan, initials in nails on the waist, overall BAMF status.

Strange, I asked for dark brown shell cordovan, but Pepe told me that they "are not expecting to produce dark brown Shell for now" ... When did you order the dark brown shell ?

Ciao

Engi

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads