• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

This is very helpful. I wear a 6.5 in Ama and was worried that 7 would be too big for me in New Rey (the dark brown Adelaide oxfords in particular). Based on your observation I think I would be a 7 in New Rey.

Keep in mind those are just my own fitting notes - I have narrow feet. I am tempted to go back and get the Vil Adelaides in brown but I don't really need brown shoes and again, the last isn't really my thing. The Carminas there were nice and about 2/3rd's the price of what Crockett and Jones bench cost here in Japan, but there was a slightly mittleeuropean shortwing, the split toe blucher, and then a kind of dainty double monk there, none really struck my fancy.

It should be noted that the fiddleback waists are kind of deceptive on these shoes - that's just a 2D pattern dyed on the sole. No real figuring. That was kind of disappointing but not surprising.

Zarium

Reaction score
Keep in mind those are just my own fitting notes - I have narrow feet. I am tempted to go back and get the Vil Adelaides in brown but I don't really need brown shoes and again, the last isn't really my thing. The Carminas there were nice and about 2/3rd's the price of what Crockett and Jones bench cost here in Japan, but there was a slightly mittleeuropean shortwing, the split toe blucher, and then a kind of dainty double monk there, none really struck my fancy.
It should be noted that the fiddleback waists are kind of deceptive on these shoes - that's just a 2D pattern dyed on the sole. No real figuring. That was kind of disappointing but not surprising.
My feet are narrow, too.

I thought so about the fiddleback waists. They looked painted all this while to me in the pictures on their website. I still like the two-tone look though, so I guess it doesn't matter much to me.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Meermin does a slightly beveled waist, not fiddleback. Those have two different types of construction. The beveled waist is real; the 2D coloring is different thing.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's actually kinda surprising. I'm planning on ordering a pair of Classics here to Canada..will I have these customs issues as well?

I think it was because the cost was over $250 and they didn't know what the shoe trees were? Not too sure as I've never had to do anything before

JBMarce21

Reaction score
Strange, I asked for dark brown shell cordovan, but Pepe told me that they "are not expecting to produce dark brown Shell for now" ... When did you order the dark brown shell ?
Ciao
Engi
gotta be about a month and a half ago? early july ish I would say.

Al in Philly

Reaction score
I have a question for everybody that may have been answered, but I can't scroll through all these pages to find it.

If I just want to get these Rapello Suede captoes in the Olfe last, with a leather sole, made to Linea Maestro standards, will this be a MTO? If so, how much will this run me total? When I say total, I mean shoes, shipping, customs, everything. I would email Meermin, but it seems that it's hit or miss contacting them.

I think the Olfe is their best looking last and I wish they had more offerings in it. Hiro is too AE looking and the New Ray is too pointy.

Thanks in advance for any help.

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a question for everybody that may have been answered, but I can't scroll through all these pages to find it.

If I just want to get these Rapello Suede captoes in the Olfe last, with a leather sole, made to Linea Maestro standards, will this be a MTO? If so, how much will this run me total? When I say total, I mean shoes, shipping, customs, everything. I would email Meermin, but it seems that it's hit or miss contacting them.

I think the Olfe is their best looking last and I wish they had more offerings in it. Hiro is too AE looking and the New Ray is too pointy.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Just takes time for them to go through customer inquiries. It would be just an MTO without additional fees I think. If you want to add additional design/patterns on shoes, they do charge 70 EUR MTO pattern fee. Trees are 35 EUR, shiipping 35 EUR, and Linea Maestro costs 250 EUR. Do your own math.

JBMarce21

Reaction score
Just takes time for them to go through customer inquiries. It would be just an MTO without additional fees I think. If you want to add additional design/patterns on shoes, they do charge 70 EUR MTO pattern fee. Trees are 35 EUR, shiipping 35 EUR, and Linea Maestro costs 250 EUR. Do your own math.
it is +100 Euro for an MTO regardless, not sure where the 70 is coming from... BUT if you have to create an entirely new pattern/type of shoe they haven't made yet it is 50 euro on top of that. The suede style they already have is not a new one so you will be fine.

so 250-VAT= 211, + 100=311, + 35 shipping is 346, + 35 trees = 381 euro

from there it is more expensive for shell cordovan, or some other skin, and 16 euro for steel toe taps

adambz

Reaction score
Does anyone know if they do shortwings in dark brown suede?

Last edited:

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it is +100 Euro for an MTO regardless, not sure where the 70 is coming from... BUT if you have to create an entirely new pattern/type of shoe they haven't made yet it is 50 euro on top of that. The suede style they already have is not a new one so you will be fine.

so 250-VAT= 211, + 100=311, + 35 shipping is 346, + 35 trees = 381 euro

from there it is more expensive for shell cordovan, or some other skin, and 16 euro for steel toe taps

Okay. Not going to comment too much on price, but VAT should be deducted from both trees and MTO fees. Shipping is 35 EUR.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I find honest opinions and reviews useful.. Too bad you won't be ordering a pair, but understandable. I still enjoy reading your advice.

you're welcome.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Al in Philly

Reaction score
Thank you to all who responded to my question. I will most likely not get shoe trees. May get the blakies though.

Meermin is most definitely the right price.

lesamourai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, ordered Aug 1st. Sent an email on Aug 10th to check to status and was told they were out of stock and would be shipping at the start of September, now I sent another one and was told they should be ready in ten days.

pazzion

Reaction score
I just recieved these from Meermin. I really like how they look, and though they might be a tad too narrow at the moment I hope that they will stretch a little bit. Though I am unsure of the amount of space that forms between the two pieces of leather that holds the shoe strings. Can a bigger size fix this, or do I simply have too high of an arch on my feet?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics