• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mad Men: Final Season

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What continues to be odd for me is that the more articles and interviews I read, the better the episode sounds and the smarter it seems, and yet, while watching it, it felt very disappointing. Weird.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What continues to be odd for me is that the more articles and interviews I read, the better the episode sounds and the smarter it seems, and yet, while watching it, it felt very disappointing. Weird.
I agree with this. I think it has to do with high expectations combined with hyper analyzing the finale as I watched. You're constantly aware with each passing minute that each minute is passing - i.e., pieces are irrevocably falling into place, doors are closing, things are becoming permanently permanent. With 15 or 20 minutes left you realize Don won't get back to NY. It's hard to enjoy a show naturally in this way. It becomes work, analysis, a form of torture even as you worry you are missing things. Maybe it's just the neurotic way I saw it. Anyway, I identify though I still managed to mostly enjoy it. Sort of.

Last edited:

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Don't forget that don fixed the coke machine at the hotel. He literally fixed coke.

don-draper-finale-yoga-smile.gif

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ So ******* awful.

The guy who wrote the Coke commercial stopped watching MM in the second season.

lefty

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

^ So ******* awful.

The guy who wrote the Coke commercial stopped watching MM in the second season. 

lefty

I wonder how many people read your posts about MM and go: This guy has no clue about television/movies etc.

deepitm

Reaction score
If you guys hate Mad Men so much, then why did you spend untold hours watching the show?

Also, were you really watching the show solely in order to see how it ends? Throughout the entire show, I thought it was pretty clear that Mad Men was about the journey and not the destination.

I am biased because I loved the show and I am a defender of it. It provided me with many, many hours of entertainment and thought-provoking discussions that related to the show. I think the show deserves a little gratitude.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm as full of **** as everyone else, but my default position whenever I watch something is "**** you, entertain me."

Off to watch the finale of BB for the 10th time.

lefty

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm still impressed by the close of BB and the supurb choice of music. What a finale.

"Guess I got what I deserved..." :)

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the show was abosuletly more about the destination than the journey.

What was the point? To show how the "greatest ad man" ended up creating the "greatest ad."

The journey was a side effect but that show had to have an end result. The journey argument should be saved for **** like the LOST ending.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I finally watched the finale last night. I thought it was a solid episode. However, it should be noted that I've generally been lukewarm about the show for the past few years. I truly believe a lot people took the show too seriously.

Edit - I seem to have forgotten while watching the episode and typing the above that I waited a whole year for the last 6ish episodes. Crazy. Anyway, episode was still okay.

Last edited:

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lots of people seem to think the finale was supposed to deliver spiritual enlightenment but instead they got a gimmicky commercial product. Hmmm.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahmedk47