• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loake Pimlico chukka pics + C&J Tetbury comparison

Marcellionheart

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ingenieur
Nice comparison with the Tetbury. I'm thinking of getting a pair of Pimlicos, but I'm not sure whether to go for the suede or dark brown calf. Does anyone have any pictures of worn calf Pimlicos?

This is my grain iGent iPhoto of my Pimlicos. I've had them since October and they have seen heavy wear. For October and November, they were my go-to shoe in the rain so they got worn on consecutive days many times. By December, I'd gotten the boots next to them and they were on a rotation but still in regular use.

IMG003.jpg

asdf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Marcellionheart
This is my grain iGent iPhoto of my Pimlicos. I've had them since October and they have seen heavy wear. For October and November, they were my go-to shoe in the rain so they got worn on consecutive days many times. By December, I'd gotten the boots next to them and they were on a rotation but still in regular use.

I think that's a great looking boot, I'll have to pick up the suede version at some point.

Ingenieur

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Marcellionheart

Thanks for the details. I think I'll have to get both leather and suede.

trickers1829

Reaction score
Do you all wear the same size in your Tetburys and Pimlicos? As I have narrow feet, I consider to take the Pimlicos a half size smaller.

holyman

Reaction score
Edit, Sorry I didn't read thoroughly enough, so I guess I'm asking the exact same thing as my friend before me. But the question still counts, for both of us.

jackdaw

Reaction score
I measure 11B on a Brannock and wear 11B in 3 or 4 AEs with a low instep/low volume foot. I bought 10.5 Loake Pimlicos and they work wirh a thin foam insole and a tongue pad and heavy socks. My guess is that the Pimlico Capitol last is equivalent to a USA D width that runs long. If you are a USA D width you might size down either 1 or 1/2 size--there is quite a bit of toe room, although not as much as the elf shoes like CJ Tetbury. I think they are nice shoes in suede.

Claus

Reaction score
According to the data available to me, people -- on average! -- go down 0.5 for Crockett & Jones 348 last, while they go up 0.25 for Loake's Capital last.

The later is due to two extreme ratings. Without them the result is zero deviation from true size for the Capital last (but this can be said about nearly all lasts).

If, at all, this suggest to go up half a size, since you've likely sized down for the Tetbury's.

Hope this helps.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IBJanky
So I wanted to get a new pair of chukkas that I can take with me while traveling abroad.

I've always wondered about the Loake Pimlico chukkas, but could never find real life pictures of it. The only pictures I could find were from the store websites.

So I ordered a pair of Pimlicos in dark brown calf from Herring Shoes a few days ago, and they came in the mail today.

Here are some pics, straight out of the box:

IMG_0209.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0212.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

I also have a pair of C&J Tetbury chukkas in dark brown calf. Here are the side by side comparison (Tetbury on the right, Pimlico on the left):

IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

Btw, I wear a 12E in the C&Js and a 12F in the Loakes.

The Tetbury has a more chiseled toe than the Pimlico, which gives it a bit of a more sleeker look. Just depends on your preference.

I personally think the Pimlicos look great as well. I would be happy to wear either of these. I just have to give the Pimlicos a good first polish and they'll be good to go
smile.gif

Hope this helps someone out there who was wondering about the same thing.

myke

It's like the difference between liking an Italian style last or a UK one IMO. Both are awesome.

FELT

Reaction score
Originally Posted by IBJanky
Oh lord, those Rytons are NICE

im4be912ba02b51.jpg

myke

These are just what I'm looking for. Looks like they're not made anymore, unfortunately. Anyone happen to know of any other chukkas with medallion?

niurenius

Reaction score
How is the wrinkling on the Loake Pimlicos after some use? And the color... On their own website the dark brown looks pretty light, and on the pictures in this thread they look pretty dark. Thoughts?

NamlikeaG6

Reaction score
Noob question, is Loake Pimlico too sleek to wear as a casual boots with jeans? I'm thinking about getting a pair of chukkas to wear with both jeans and chinos for work and running errands on the weekends.

Or maybe the Meermin chukkas would be better for both jeans/chinos? I think the Meermin's might be too round for my liking...

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goodfoot