• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Levi's Workwear by Filson - Now @ www.levis.com

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A late reply, but I just tried these on today. I would describe the fit as a true "slim straight". By this I mean the thighs are moderately slim, and the leg flows more or less straight from there to the hem. Based on my sizing, I'd have to say a size 32" measures aprx. 32.5" in the waist, w/ ~11.75" thighs, and according to the Levi's site, they leg opening is ~8.5, which seems right. Would be awesome if the leg opening was 1/2 an inch smaller, but oh well. According to Filson sales rep, minimal waist shrinkage, but .5-.75" shrinkage in length. Very little stretch.
As for construction they are made in the US, w/ Filson as a partner so I'd have to trust it as super solid. And the Filson guarantee is great--bring them/send them to a store and the will fix or replace. Someone can correct me if I'm misstating that.
I really like these for a simple, chino-like pant in a 5-pocket style/cut. Great fabric that will wear well over time, and has a DWR so it will shed light rain (and spilled coffee) easily--at least for the first 20 washes....
Anyone know if there's a code for Levi's site that would bring down the price? I think $150 is a good price overall, but I'm a cheap ass so I'm always looking for a better deal.

505 Owners, Are you washing these or wearing them like selvage denim before the first wash/soak. Will they fade a bit like denim?

wmb

Reaction score

505 Owners, Are you washing these or wearing them like selvage denim before the first wash/soak. Will they fade a bit like denim?

I wore mine for a few weeks and just soaked them in hot water with tide followed by hang drying. These stretch very little and the shrinkage is about what the post explains above -- minimal at the waist, about 1/2 inch in length. No fading yet but a bit of softening.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Levis.com has select styles at 30% off right now, and the new Tin Cloth jacket (green w/ interior zip) and the Swathooth shirt are included.

Sadly, not the 505s... :confused:

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
For anyone who's curious - I just tried on my XL green trucker jacket and its definitely smaller than my tan. sleeves are about the same but the shoulders are tighter and so is the body. Sadly, too tight for me. Back it goes.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Levis.com has select styles at 30% off right now, and the new Tin Cloth jacket (green w/ interior zip) and the Swathooth shirt are included.
Sadly, not the 505s... :confused:

I got the 505's from Filson a few weeks ago, called them and they custom hemed them for me for free. GREAT pants!

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Only a few hours left, but the SHOP25 coupon at levi.com just worked for me on the Filston tin cloth trucker jacket.

Tuco

Reaction score

So what is the sizing like on the current batch of the tincloth trucker jackets?

Just got a L today, 6'1" 175 and 41" and it fits fine with a t-shirt. A little tight when buttoned or anything else underneath.

The more I look at it it's nice but might be too brokeback mountain for me, might return it.

Last edited:

David Zaritsky

Reaction score
Anyone have links to sites for the tan oil trucker...or a coupon code for Filson site? Also on the new ones if I am a size 40 and like things fitted would I get a M or a L?

David Zaritsky

Reaction score
Wound up going with the medium after the large was too 'baggy'....anyone who has had theirs find theirs finally breaking in?

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine's breaking in nicely; the overly oily element goes away after just a few washes.

I'm a similar size to Tuco. But mine fits fine over a light sweater/sweatshirt. Doesn't feel to cowboy to me. Just a nice twist on a classic.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads