• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Somatic

Reaction score
Can I get some sizing advice for the MMM 5-Zips? I unfortunately don't live near a MMM store, but I'm 5'10" and 180 pounds and wear a size Medium. Think a size 48 would work just fine?

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they seem to vary season by season depending on materials etc. but 48 is probably your best bet.
FWIW I think the cut is pretty versatile. im 5'10" 170lbs (fairly muscular), generally 48/50, and went for a 46, but a friend who is also more of a true 46 looks good in it too.

HFP1dYDl.jpg

Last edited:

Understatement

Reaction score
How is the Balmain Sizing, is it TTS or do the biker leather jackets run small or big? 6 ft 70 KG, im usually S or 46 and rarely 48 in jackets

Last edited:

JSAN

Reaction score
they seem to vary season by season depending on materials etc. but 48 is probably your best bet.
FWIW I think the cut is pretty versatile. im 5'10" 170lbs (fairly muscular), generally 48/50, and went for a 46, but a friend who is also more of a true 46 looks good in it too.

What season/colour is that?

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can I get some sizing advice for the MMM 5-Zips? I unfortunately don't live near a MMM store, but I'm 5'10" and 180 pounds and wear a size Medium. Think a size 48 would work just fine?

Mr. Porter has stock in 48, might be easiest to order and see sizing given ease of returns? Sounds like you could be 48 or 50

Anyone handled the current mmm navy 5 zip by any chance, I only saw like two posts about it a while back.

Hows the quality? I read somewhere someone said it was poo.... it be true?

The one at Barneys feels like poo to me

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What season/colour is that?

FW14 black calf

^ I don't know about Barneys but the navy model i handled earlier this season (which i assume is the one on Mr Porter) felt bad, thin and papery

Last edited:

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What terms can I search on Yahoo Japan for a MMM 5-zip?

Search this category (Margiela jackets):

http://list2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/ジャケット-上着-男性用-マルタン-マルジェラ-ま-ブランド別-ファッション/2084055273-category.html

For these three keywords, in descending order from specific to general (usually riders is the best keyword):

八の字 (5-zip)
ライダース (riders)
レザー (leather)

You can also do a general search over the entire site for 5-zip and see if somebody put theirs in the wrong category

Last edited:

BBSLM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Search this category (Margiela jackets):

http://list2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/ジャケット-上着-男性用-マルタン-マルジェラ-ま-ブランド別-ファッション/2084055273-category.html

For these three keywords, in descending order from specific to general (usually riders is the best keyword):

八の字 (5-zip)
ライダース (riders)
レザー (leather)

You can also do a general search over the entire site for 5-zip and see if somebody put theirs in the wrong category

Perfect. Thanks.

d1234

Reaction score
Has anybody seen the fall Balmain jackets that the buyers actually bought yet?

Really did not care for their spring 2014 leather designs at all.

The runway shearling piece - http://www.balmain.com/en/shop/d-blouson-en-cuir-et-mouton-retourne-balmain/ looks very cool in a Jaime Lannister season 1 kind of way.

Hoping they'll do a non-washed, non-distressed lambskin black plonge version of the biker one with no straps at the bottom or other unnecessary. . . accoutrerments

http://www.theilsmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/373061_mrp_in_l.jpg

t3hg0suazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks like there is a cashmere-lined bauhaus for fw14, and the calf looks amazing. Here's hoping it rivals fw09 stuff.

Now if only he'd remove the buttons on the sleeves...

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads