• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
have you tried sandblasting it? or stepping on an ied, maybe?

Last edited:

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i really like the idea of subjecting this jacket to every manner of abuse until it's no longer shiny. it could be part of your morning ritual between brushing your teeth and reading the paper

Last edited:

einstine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
have you tried sandblasting it? or stepping on an ied, maybe?

Sandblasting, are you serious?

i really like the idea of subjecting this jacket to every manner of abuse until it's no longer shiny. it could be part of your morning ritual between brushing your teeth and reading the paper
The jacket being shiny is not a big deal, I like matte leather so if it was a simple wipe down with alcohol or water/dish soap, then okay. Since it is not simple Im okay with it. I didn't buy thinking damn this jacket would only appeal to me if was matte black. I dont have money to waste for a risk like that.

PS, reading the paper its like reading a ****** book the size of a poster, makes me uncomfortable to read from something so big with such small words. So I dont read the paper in my morning routine.
smile.gif

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ thanks man i enjoyed reading that. i like that idea more than my ****** idea. I was going to recommend smearing poop in the hope the acid wipes away the veneer. of course youll want to eat an appropriate diet before hand to match the color of the leather

asparagus - green, blue
mcdonalds - black
taco bell and watermelon juice - brown
taco bell doritos loco taco - light brown

Last edited:

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't you just soak the jacket to get rid of the shine? I know people have done that for TOJ jackets.

e: lol

0.jpg

0.jpg

Last edited:

GBear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People did that with their lamb TOJ jackets. Not sure if that Schott is lamb. I've accidentally soaked my calf TOJs walking home for hours in the rain and nothing changed once it dried.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What shearling is that?
Im hopping I will be able to make it like this. Removing the shine of leather jackets seem to be pretty common on the web, lots of DIY guides out there. Ill post pictures of it them, not sure when ill go about doing it.
[QUOTE[/QUOTE]

superego

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Im hopping I will be able to make it like this. Removing the shine of leather jackets seem to be pretty common on the web, lots of DIY guides out there. Ill post pictures of it them, not sure when ill go about doing it.
that looks like ****...like neoprene or something. just make sure not to have it look like that and you'll be fine

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picking a 5-zip:

AW08 with YKK zips (original fit)

vs.

SS05 with MRS zips, though leather looks a little creased

vs.

AW11 with YKK zips (slimmer fit)

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads